Model Cars Magazine Forum

That ain't no car, that's a racing machine....!

PeterLepold

Hi

Someone ask me here if I have some Dale Earnhardt models in progress. Yes, I have, two models (1999 Bristol "cage rattler" and the 1988 first black Monte Carlo).

But here I'll show you the last Dale Earnhardt model I build, it is not a #3, it is the famous #2 car he drove in 1979 and 1980.

Build from Revells 1977 Monte Carlo Lowrider (the first issue), I started with it in 2002 and finished it this year (I had lost long time the desire to it).

First two old pics of progress (I have no more pictures from all the things I have did on it):

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

I build a part of the roll cage new, chassis is a 1983 T-Bird chassis from Monogram. If you want to build that, take the chassis of Monogram. It is in scale 1/24, but it has the advantage that the long wheel base is present by the scale. With a chassis in 1/25 you must extend the wheel base.

The interior:

interior1.jpg

Rear spoiler I build from plastic sheet, bumpers I changed a lot of things (remove the rubber around the bumpers, thrill holes and and and).

Bild4.jpg

And here pics of the finished and "raced" car:

fertig1.jpg

fertig2.jpg

fertig3.jpg

fertig4.jpg

fertig5.jpg

fertig6.jpg

fertig7.jpg

fertig8.jpg

fertig9.jpg

fertig10.jpg