Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Trio of Vintage Chevrolet Impalas, 1959, 1960 and 1961

RandyB.

Thanks for posting these builds.Very nicely done.These were the real cars I lusted after but couldn't afford in high school.I was a junior when we walked two blocks to the local Chevy dealer to see them;A senior in '60 with no money for cars and too poor in '61 to afford anything but a well used '55 Chevy sedan.I still have the brochures I picked on those new model release days though!!

It's very cool to see a shot like this with the progression of years!  I've often day dreamed about building the entire series of several different makes .  So follow this up by adding a 1962,63 and 64 to the line!

Okay sounds good. I'll start a new post with 1962, 1963 and 1964.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a very neat trio right there! I like these X-Frame Chevrolets a lot so it's great to see three of them built this well. Great job with all of them, but I have to say that '60 is my favorite (Yep, there is one parked in front of my house). Maybe I'll go for a little cruise with mine after seeing this. Great work.:D