Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Problem contacting Micro Nirtro overdue purchase

Thanks Brian, I am but also hoping still Jim will make good on getting me product I need and paid for, I don't think he's a bad guy, but there definitely has been the ball dropped on this one!

It's more than just the $200 paid back in May for 100 billet face rings, I've spent hundred$ more besides on design, 3D printing, and molds/casting preparations, for the resin wheels which these are a critical component to complete

Other people have been involved also, and customers expecting to see them become available, so for me it's not going to be fixed by a refund, that'd leave me hanging, and waiting potentially months for a postal search (still waiting for proof of mailing) is out of the question, now is a time priority to receive my items

Got an email, not apologetic mind you, but dialog at least, and I'll update on the progress toward hopefully getting this situation corrected ASAP

Jim is normally awesome to order from I get wheels sent to Australia all the time and normally have them in a few weeks he has even custom made me some before with no issues. I just don't order between May and October as he is closed between these months 

He accepted the order, placed end of April, paid first week of May, said was closing other orders, and mine to be 3-4 weeks.

Still refuses to produce proof of shipping, and trying now to extort additional $$ for parts I already paid in full for, and never recieved.

Glad he was good for you, he's definitely not been for me!

That doesn't apply in this case, is PayPal payment

However USPS mail fraud dept. and IRS may yet motivate him!

I wonder if PayPal can do anything for you?

Total bummer man, total bummer.

PS Back in my teen years, I had this problem with a company.  My mom told me to look into the BBB which I did and they contacted the problem company.  Things got resolved and it was at that point that I understood consumer rights etc...

Edited by aurfalien

He accepted the order, placed end of April, paid first week of May, said was closing other orders, and mine to be 3-4 weeks.

Still refuses to produce proof of shipping, and trying now to extort additional $$ for parts I already paid in full for, and never recieved.

Glad he was good for you, he's definitely not been for me!

How is he trying to extort you? 

How is he trying to extort you? 

Claiming that additional money is owed on a previously completed purchase can be called a few choice words; although, extortion isn't one of them. Do you have a copy of the order form submitted to make the order? Did you receive an email order confirmation from Micro Nitro which has the total due for the purchase? Since you do have a Paypal statement that indicates that you made a payment reflecting the price in any email confirmation from and to Micro Nitro and, I'm assuming, a credit card statement which would show that the same amount was charged, that is proof that you paid in full. If he claims that you didn't pay the full amount due and you owe X dollars, he's attempting to shake you down. You paid an agreed amount of money for goods at final prices which were current at the time of your order. He can't charge you more for those items after the fact by possibly claiming increased costs. That isn't your problem. By paying him and his accepting the payment, you have a legally binding contract which he is obliged to fulfill. If you get no satisfaction, contact USPS Postal Inspection Service and file a mail fraud complaint. 

Either way, since our last communications prior on may 15th, where comfirmed full payment recieved and my order would take 3-4 weeks to make, he'd not contacted me until i started messanging him on all medias (facebook, MCM, email), and now I still have not received my parts, no proof of shipping, no apologetic tone even, and last email wanting more $ to "remake" parts...I don't believe at this point were even made at all

Since then has been just argument and refusal to show proof of ever being shipped in the first place, then accusing me of having recieved and lying about! which makes zero sense...his refusal to produce proof, and unapologeticunapologetic tone which makes me not trust at all

Unfortunately is beyond paypal claim time period, and so first steps tried, allowing him to make good on parts paid for, next some community pressure to make good, now I'll have no choice but to force the issue through mail fraud claim via USPS against him

Edited by Jeremy Jon

There is absolutely no excuse for his acting like a first class stronzo. The burden of proof is on his shoulders. He needs to provide verification that he actually shipped the merchandise. Any shipment of that value would be insured, sent by registered mail and should have a tracking number provided. If it was sent registered, a signature is required upon receipt and that is proof of delivery. If he can't provide that and/or a tracking number, he's blowing smoke and is just plain old ripping you off. Everything I've ever ordered from outside the U.S. is shipped in that manner. It shouldn't be any different for items shipped from here to another country. He might believe that since you are in Canada, you probably won't pursue the matter further. Take up the matter with USPS. Just my 2cents, you might want to tail him to any other modeling sites and bust his chops for being a deadbeat. Sometimes, civility isn't the answer. Embarrass him into coming clean and rectifying his transgression. That, and the possible loss of future business because people reading your comments will feel that he's not worth risking the loss of their money, might cause him to have an epiphany and realize he screwed up royally. 

Jeremy  I had the same problem a year ago it took 8 months to get my 1/16 truck wheels ,I had to phone Jim to remined him, about my order Jim had forgot about , Jim told me his Heath is not the best anymore ,for me that was no excuse . I suggest you phone Jim he seem to be a nice guy on the phone , good luck with this !

Jeremy  I had the same problem a year ago it took 8 months to get my 1/16 truck wheels ,I had to phone Jim to remined him, about my order Jim had forgot about , Jim told me his Heath is not the best anymore ,for me that was no excuse . I suggest you phone Jim he seem to be a nice guy on the phone , good luck with this !

Read Jeremy's last post. he did contact him. Same result.  

This "I haven't been well lately" business from various AM dudes is getting stale. As Doug pointed out, it's no excuse. If Jim's, or anyone else's health isn't the best anymore, don't accept payment for s*** you obviously have no intention of producing or delivering. That isn't extortion. That's known as stealing. Send the goods or refund the money. It's that simple. Nothing personal; it's just business.

Edited by SfanGoch

It makes me angry too Joe, but unfortunately that approach won't help me with his personality, he thinks he's not in the wrong, and claims to have sent items I purchased (yet still refuses to produce proof of shipping!?)

In the meantime I am working on filing through UPSP mail fraud dept., and another federal agency, both will cause considerable pressure, and perhaps (?) either my parts will miraculously appear, or my $200 USD be refunded

Either way I'm not holding my breath, and need to find an alternate source to supply billet wheel rings, for my already considerably invested wheel products, so I can get them out to market (as they should have been already)

Unfortunately is beyond paypal claim time period

Nobody should wait longer than the 45 day grace period when using PayPal. I've had to use it myself when a resin part I paid for didn't come close to shipping after 40 days had elapsed, so I filed a refund request and got my money back within a few hours. I won't get into the details of this topic, but buyer and seller must understand and abide by PayPal's terms, and when one fails to do just that within the 45 day window, the buyer has the ability to get her/his money back. Once the 45 day window has passed, the buyer loses all protection.

That's a generalization which doesnt always apply, especially in circumstances of having machining services like this that can take 2+ months of construction time

What it doesnt do is excuse the seller, jim of micro nitro in this instance, from his obligation to produce the product paid in full for, or refund me

Nobody should wait longer than the 45 day grace period when using PayPal.

Edited by Jeremy Jon

Nobody should wait longer than the 45 day grace period when using PayPal. I've had to use it myself when a resin part I paid for didn't come close to shipping after 40 days had elapsed, so I filed a refund request and got my money back within a few hours. I won't get into the details of this topic, but buyer and seller must understand and abide by PayPal's terms, and when one fails to do just that within the 45 day window, the buyer has the ability to get her/his money back. Once the 45 day window has passed, the buyer loses all protection.

You are correct sir , but when you think they will deliver you let them talk you into just that. Hard to be that jerk but you do have to protect yourself. 

when you think they will deliver you let them talk you into just that. Hard to be that jerk but you do have to protect yourself. 

If the buyer choses to "let them (the seller) talk you into" giving them more time to complete the transaction and lets the 45 day PayPal grace period elapse without having received what they paid for, the buyer now assume 100% of the risk and gives up all protection.