Model Cars Magazine Forum

Connecting rod carb/transmission 440+6 ?

Hi there

My first post starts with a question. I´m in progress of building a ´69 Roadrunner in a bone stock A12 configuration. On the real deal there´s a connecting rod between the carburetor linkage and the torqueflite transmission. I´m unable to find proper reference pictures of how the rod is connected to the transmission. Does anyone know what this connecting rod is supposed to look like?

IMAG0849_1.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

The rod with the slotted end connected to the center carb is the top end. It runs to a bellcrank, visible in the photo, another rod going down to another bellcrank, then one more rod to the kickdown lever. Often replaced by a cable.    http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/1504-the-lowdown-on-stock-torqueflite-kick-down-linkage/

kickdown-b.jpg

ke440.png

Similar setup installed.

attachment.php?s=db4d5dc479c04ff66625f6f

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

No, it´s a wannabe Rallye Green. The first picture is misleading as there was only one very thin layer of green on the body. It´s quite a bit darker now and looks pretty close to the factory color. I used TS-20 Metallic Green from Tamiya.

I used the engine from AMT´s ´69 GTX and since this is a 440+6 I didn´t think about the valve covers until it was too late. And I´m a big fan of the Tarantino flicks aswell. :D

IMAG0978.jpg

IMAG0979.jpg

IMAG0980.jpg

Edited by 440 6BBL