Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Impala

DeeCee

Those skirts are fantastic looking,  actually the entire build so far is fantastic looking. Are the seats themselves gloss?

Thanks men, yes the seats are gloss, just no clear coat to try tone it down a bit.

I laid down the paint work for it, started with a silver base, and worked through the layers untill it is almost all black..

Clear coat, BMF and polish to go.

That`s one bitchin` ride...what is the name of the color you used on the dash and seats and who makes it.

Thanks guys, :)  Greg, the color is ..........GRAPEVINE  by Covergirl........Nail Polish, $1 jar from the supermarket..

Also got the BMF done and a quick polish last night.

Thanks guys, :)  Greg, the color is ..........GRAPEVINE  by Covergirl........Nail Polish, $1 jar from the supermarket..

foil%20002_zps6kapb11h.jpg

You don`t say...GRAPEVINE  by Cover Girl...will shut the front door. I would have never thought. Did you brush it or airbrush it. Did you have thin it or is it straight from the bottle.

You don`t say...GRAPEVINE  by Cover Girl...will shut the front door. I would have never thought. Did you brush it or airbrush it. Did you have thin it or is it straight from the bottle.

I air brush it  Greg, and thin it with a quality automotive multi purpose thinners, ( treat it like auto acrylic).

It usually takes quite a few cotes  to build up the depth of color,  but just play it by eye as to what you want.

There are some incredible colors in the nail range, and you only need to but a little bit. :)   

MY goodness............ Dale you and that danged air brush man! WOW! The engine looks KILLER, but that body, the fender flares, added to the paint job you sprayed down, DANG man, does it EVER end with you? LOL

-I too am gonna be doin' a bit of "Nail polish" paint jobs... all I plan to say is I found some 2 for $1 at the local Pharmacy, Rite-Aid, Thats going on one of 3 '41 Plymouths I'm gonna be doin' up in the near future (MIGHT actually do the body on that one first BEFORE the rest. a switch from my normal, but thats a ways off..... I'm workin' on my trucks still..... -Seen the nail polish and HAD to have it....... nice color for an old street rod!

That '60 Impala your doing is da BOMB man! NICE work!

MY goodness............ Dale you and that danged air brush man! WOW! The engine looks KILLER, but that body, the fender flares, added to the paint job you sprayed down, DANG man, does it EVER end with you? LOL

-I too am gonna be doin' a bit of "Nail polish" paint jobs... all I plan to say is I found some 2 for $1 at the local Pharmacy, Rite-Aid, Thats going on one of 3 '41 Plymouths I'm gonna be doin' up in the near future (MIGHT actually do the body on that one first BEFORE the rest. a switch from my normal, but thats a ways off..... I'm workin' on my trucks still..... -Seen the nail polish and HAD to have it....... nice color for an old street rod!

That '60 Impala your doing is da BOMB man! NICE work!

Cheers Big Ears, thanks mate, but i thought you might be using the nail polish  to try make those fingers look good.... :)  lol

Your trucks are looking great mate, and would love to see what you can do with the nail polish, and yeah, you cant go past a bargain,

i walked out of my local supermarket with 40 bottles of nail polish, took some explaining i can tell ya !!  :P

LOL Dale, my wife told me the last trip to the Pharmacy, that I had to "lay off" the finger nail polish LOL Everyone looked like, WTH? LOL BUT not only it look good on MY model cars, but I think shes jealous as it also look good on HER nails too! (I think shes jealous that I use girlie products and have about as much as she does. BUT mine however NOT goin on my nails :P

WHAT fingernails? :blink: LOL I'm missing one, and the rest well...... they're on a workin mans hands.....

I do however LOVE the looks ya get buying them as a man, I've noticed they always seem to look at my hands........ too dang funny!!!!!!!

This one your doin is gonna be AWESOME!

Is that Resene  GP thinners, Dale ??

Ian (across the ditch)

Ian, i use Valspar  multi purpose thinners, but i think as long as you stay away from cheap stuff, you will be right mate, i have found cheap stuff reacts with some nail polishes.