Model Cars Magazine Forum

59" Impala Complete!!!!!!!

cruz

Cruz, outstanding job!

As an Impala True lover, i must say... this car is unique!!!! Congratulations!

Let me ask you... where did you found these hubcaps? Which kit comes with it?

Thanks for the comments, the hub cabs are an option w/ the kit if you go

the custom route, like I said before, if anybody sees this kit, get it quick, it's a

keeper and a nice kit!!!!

DSC03723.jpg

Let me ask you, how do you get paint in those lines around the doors and the trunk to look so nice and straight? Do you use a small brush or something, they look so real! I have tried everything and can't seem to get it right. By the way, the outside pictures really give this thing a better look, I can see the Pearlish color as oppose to the inside pictures.

Let me ask you, how do you get paint in those lines around the doors and the trunk to look so nice and straight? Do you use a small brush or something, they look so real! I have tried everything and can't seem to get it right. By the way, the outside pictures really give this thing a better look, I can see the Pearlish color as oppose to the inside pictures.
I scribe my panel lines nice and deep before painting and use Testors Metalizer paints. Metalizer paints are very watery so capillary action takes charge when you dump them into the scribed lines!!

DSC03732.jpg

DSC03733.jpg

DSC04148.jpg

Very very nice Cruz, I love those chevys:-)
Hey mi pana, how are you man?? Are you going to Wayne next week?? Hope to see you there man, I have to see how much you have progressed on your building!!! :lol:

• 1 month later...
DSC03723.jpg

Revell Monogram, hard to get them, if you do and have a chance to buy more than one, do it!!!! :D:D

I have that kit but it's going to be built as a Grand National Stock Car. I just can't decide whether to make it a hardtop or convertible.