Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reliable? Resin

I ordered a Firebird Formula hood a few weeks ago from Reliable Resin and have not heard anything back and gotten no reply to emails. Of course, I ordered prior to seeing other's comments here in the Forums...a lot of negative. Question: has anyone RECENTLY gotten anything from them? I'm trying to decide if I report to PayPal in hopes of a refund now. Bummer is I need that hood...

I have never done any business with this Company but have read quite a few negative things about them. I am very grateful that I was informed about them, so why would a thread get locked when all that it is doing is informing us about the undesirable business practice of some companies. Basically people letting other people know the good or bad of others. Speaking of which, I personally think anyone that takes advantage of anyone especially in this awesome hobby of ours certainly and unfortunately takes a little OUT of the awesome part of it for me. But on the upside of this I have had a good amount of dealings with a lot of great people in this hobby that definitely have helped keep the "awesome " in it for me. I do hope that you get your order with that company straightend out sooner than later. Thank you.       Jeff 

Jeff, in the over ten years I've been on this board, I've seen just the mention of Reliable Resin turn in something quite ugly and nasty. One such instance was when the owner came on the board and it got REALLY NASTY! Thus my "Rut Ro" comment above.

Enough has been said (and unfortunately experienced) by enough folks on the board------all one has to do is do a search on him, and you'll have all kinds of threads show up, mostly in the negative.

And yes, practically all of them end up getting locked---------it gets that bad.

Good luck with this I hope you do better then I did , ordered almost $ 200.00 worth of bodies and parts two years ago , E-mailed him 4-5 times and even talked to him on the phone once ,didn't use Pay-Pal so no help there and still waiting on the stuff but no e-mail or nothing in a year and half so far , but never again a order from me for sure !! :angry: 

Jeff, in the over ten years I've been on this board, I've seen just the mention of Reliable Resin turn in something quite ugly and nasty. One such instance was when the owner came on the board and it got REALLY NASTY! Thus my "Rut Ro" comment above.

Enough has been said (and unfortunately experienced) by enough folks on the board------all one has to do is do a search on him, and you'll have all kinds of threads show up, mostly in the negative.

And yes, practically all of them end up getting locked---------it gets that bad.

I appreciate you sharing this information because it will absolutely help me and I'm sure a lot of other people who would not of known the history of this company. Thank you and again I do appreciate it.      Jeff 

****WARNING DON'T EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS CLOWN...EVER****.The company consists of one dead beat guy,somewhere in PA,or Virginia.He lies at every chance he gets.He will keep your money,and not ship your order till sometimes,2,or 3 years later.And that was if you were lucky.A lot of times he won't ever send u,your order...Forget about trying to get him into court. Just do yourself a favor,and move on.There are plenty of other after market companies that don't rip people off..And at this time,I would like to apologize to the administration on this forum if I broke any rules,by bad mouthing another company.But if you know Don,then you know what I mean.:D

Well, I emailed him twice with no response in exactly 4 weeks (his site asks for a 4-6 week delivery window) and so I contacted him through a 'dispute' in Paypal. He did respond (angrily) to that immediately and frequently in the last 48 hours. Ultimately I told him I just needed the hood to finish my project and wanted to ensure his website wasn't a dead end, and after some fuss he is refunding my money even though I asked for the hood and not a refund. Appears he can't deliver the product and due to Paypal he had no other out than to refund me...

Unfortunately I didn't see anything about the company until after I made the order :(  Live and learn, but if anyone has any ideas on the 79 Firebird Formula hood I'm all ears!! 

Well, I emailed him twice with no response in exactly 4 weeks (his site asks for a 4-6 week delivery window) and so I contacted him through a 'dispute' in Paypal. He did respond (angrily) to that immediately and frequently in the last 48 hours. Ultimately I told him I just needed the hood to finish my project and wanted to ensure his website wasn't a dead end, and after some fuss he is refunding my money even though I asked for the hood and not a refund. Appears he can't deliver the product and due to Paypal he had no other out than to refund me...

Unfortunately I didn't see anything about the company until after I made the order :(  Live and learn, but if anyone has any ideas on the 79 Firebird Formula hood I'm all ears!! 

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I saw a body I liked, I ordered it, and the nightmare began. I DID threaten legal action, and got my stuff, which was still useless junk. I would have been MUCH further ahead if I had done my homework and researched him on this and other forums, and saved myself ALOT of grief...:rolleyes: And you are correct. Live and learn!! But your definitely not alone in getting ripped off by this clown.

Edited by bismarck

He's all BS.Stay as far away from this guy.Unless u enjoy getting ripped off.I once ordered a Nova outlaw hood,and it took over a year before I received it.??☹️?...Plus if you are lucky eneough to get him on the phone,he will talk your ear off,telling you all kinds of personal BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH about his life.Someone really needs to close this as$&@#% down.....Now.

Edited by Jeepxj
Delete

The guy definitely leads a charmed life, that's for certain. :angry: After as many people as he's ripped off, and STILL in business..... :rolleyes: All we can do as hobby fans is spread the word and try to warn people about this guy and his ripoff scheme. Like some unlucky people on the forum, I can relate to being taken by this clown, but for a lot less money that some. If we discuss "He who should not be named" too much, the thread will get locked. They allowed me to post pic's of this guys worthless junk to show people just what garbage he was peddling, but they took it down just as quickly too. I guess I was lucky to have received ANYTHING, but what I got was so badly warped as to be worthless junk. It went straight into the trash can after some pictures were posted.

Edited by bismarck

Just saying the name of the company provokes a VIOLENT verbal response from his unsatisfied customers.(victims). Its a quite natural response.:lol::D Some threads dealing with this guy would look like one long string of cuss words if the Moderators didn't PG the content. Nothing personal.B)

Edited by bismarck