Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Roadrunner W.I.P.(Complete)

carcrazy19

Finished this today. I have to say that I am very happy with how this kit turned out. The only disappointment that I have with this kit are the tail lights. They are not the greatest looking but other than that I really enjoyed this build I will do another RR but maybe a stock version, we'll see. I'm not sure why but after I painted the hood I noticed  it came out lighter than the rest of the car. I'm not really concerned about it since this model is for me and not for shows. I would like to thank Cesar Bossolani for sharing his ideas and techniques with me. Hope you all like the end result. Enjoy.

IMG_0328[1].JPG

IMG_0329[1].JPG

IMG_0317[1].JPG

IMG_0318[1].JPG

IMG_0300[1].JPG

IMG_0299[1].JPG

IMG_0301[1].JPG

really nice build. turned out clean. nice carb, where is it from, may I ask? and about those tail lights, missing link has ones that are correct. they are all red, have to do some bare metal foiling on them, but they look 100 times better than the kit ones. again, real nice build.

really nice build. turned out clean. nice carb, where is it from, may I ask? and about those tail lights, missing link has ones that are correct. they are all red, have to do some bare metal foiling on them, but they look 100 times better than the kit ones. again, real nice build.

I was just going to post the same thing that Missing Link makes very accurate tail lights.   I really love your paint and you obviously did a great job.   I am working on the same model.  The one area that is a weakness on this kit is that grill.  I really wish somebody would do an accurate one.  Anybody out there trying to do one in resin that looks correct?  Anyhow that has nothing to do with your excellent build.   

Thank you and happy you liked the model. The carb I stole from the Revell Sox and Martin Cuda kit.

I love this thing. The colour, the stance the wheels, the accents., love it.

Love it so much, if you don't mind I'm gonna use it as inspiration for the '68 Charger I just picked up.

David

David, thanks for the compliment. No need to ask to use this project as inspiration for your charger. I'm glad I could give out some ideas for anyone to use.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...