Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2016 "The Aussieball" Official Build Thread

TFchronos

Jake finally found a use for all of those guitar nut ends

IMG_5541%20600x450_zpsxc8m1ppp.jpg

Theres the gd Vice Grips !!

.IMG_5543%20600x450_zpsid4kzxii.jpg

Gonna role this over to the start line boys,..

Good luck,and  Godspeed 

Congrats on the finishing Bruce! That's one heck of a truck you've made. Goodluck in the race!

I think I'm going to go ahead and call it.... I'm out. 

Too much going on this past weekend, went to PRI in Indianapolis, then a swap meet sunday... club meet today after work, office christmas party tomorrow after work... cold and rainy weather... resin engine/transmission hasn't arrived yet. Definitely not going to finish. And another Cannonball down the tube for me. 

I'll definitely finish this Bronco though at some point. It's too cool not to.

Bruce, the level of detail you've invested into your truck really shows your passion. I admire that. I don't think there's anything I'd build that could sustain my interest to that extent. It all looks worth it.

Jesse, sure sorry to hear you're out. I've become a fan of your work over the last couple years. I hope when everything comes together you'll finish it up and show us.

Jesse, sure sorry to hear you're out. I've become a fan of your work over the last couple years. I hope when everything comes together you'll finish it up and show us.

Thank you Mike. I appreciate that. Just not in the cards this year.

I'll definitely finish it. It's gonna be a cool one. Retro 80's color, modern drivetrain and offroad components... I can't not finish it LOL 

Next year perhaps I'll finish something for the cannonball though. Third times a charm right?

G'Day All!

Still in the running....

Entry #18 the Canuck Blazer is getting all the little bits installed. Drivetrain is nearly complete, the raised suspension did cause a minor adjustment to getting the shafts to fit. Fitted most of the external portion of the scratch built snorkel today. Doing a lot of epoxy work tonight too. Windshield gets fitted next. I sawed off the vent windows for a better fit and better scale with acetate vents. Getting close to fitting the rad and battery to the front wall. Also finished off the last of the Alclad work by chroming the Westcoast mirrors from the 53 Ford and the scratch built engine oil breather filter to be fitted to the firewall with plumbing to the valve covers and an oil sump return.

The real test comes soon (besides finishing on time!!!) when the interior comes together with the body to be joined to the frame, for good! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers Misha

image.jpeg

Sorry to hear that Jesse and Brayden, you two had some slick builds going. Definitely keep us posted on them! :)

Looking good Misha!

All mine is lacking is some engine detail, skip plates and the roo bar. It's upside down right now while the body and frame glue together. Should be done either Tuesday, or Wednesday.

Edited by TFchronos

Great work to all builders! I was disappointed in myself that I didn't get very far this year working two full time jobs didn't help, but I'll be back next year. The number of finished entries this year was down but the quality of the builds was top notch!

Nice tough looking builds Jeremy and Matthew!

Whelp, we're down to the last 12 hours and few odd minutes of the 2016 Aussieball. We've got 4 finished builds and a few still in limbo.

Godspeed and good luck in these final hours to anyone still building.

To those who have completed congratulations! This year was quite possibly the most skill demanding theme to date. The limited pool of parts meant so many of us used the same donor kit but in spite of that each of you made yours unique, be very proud of yourselves and of your accomplishment.  : )

With 31 odd minutes to spare my entry is done. I'll get some finalized pictures done tomorrow.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: car

Image may contain: car

I would like to quickly note that you have until 11:59pm in your respective time zones to get your builds done. Misha if you're out there that means you have still have 3 hours and 26 odd minutes to get it done and announced here. :)

Good luck!

See you all at the line!

Edit: Scratch that Misha, just saw your post in the completed builds, nice work!

Edited by TFchronos

Alright everyone with that the 2016 Cannonball run is now closed. 

We've got 6 builds this year, it was a very tough year in terms of skill. Regardless of how the voting goes you are all winners in my eyes, be proud of yourselves and congratulations on completing some very awesome builds!

With that said there are 6 entries. I just got through confirming and polling is still restricted to 5. I can't see the point in two 3v3 choices just to trim 1 car so I'll hold myself to my words and bow out from voting. Mine is still not 100% done, the engine wasn't plumbed and looking at it this mourning I just realized it doesn't have brakes either (who uses them these days anyway right? :lol:). But still it's only sitting finished and everyone's is fully finished so it doesn't feel right to me. One of a couple of curses that has developed for the hosts these past few years I think haha. Though this year instead of being a no-show I'll at least be on the side lines slicing all your tir...I mean rooting for each of you. :D 

I was going to run it for 7 days starting on the 18th but 7 days from the 18th is Christmas day and I don't want it to end on Christmas day so I'll bump it to 10 days and run it from the 18th to 11:59pm on the 28th. Most votes wins, naturally.

Again major congratulations to everyone on some very fine, and fun looking builds! As we start the final leg of this cbp I would just like to thank Rob for letting me have the honors of hosting this year (scratched off Bucket-list) and I want to thank everyone to joined this year. It was a ton of fun watching your builds unfold and I look forward to what will happen in next years. I know I wasn't the best but I hope I wasn't the worst host either and while I wont end the entry curse (that's Robs duty next year :D) I will end the curse of not the host not finishing their duties as host of this fine cbp. God willing I'd love to host again in a later year if the spot is ever open.

Thank you again and good luck everyone.

Edited by TFchronos

I give you creds for bangin' out the Super Bee Jonathan. I really didn't think you'd make it but you've got a pretty respectable starter and I like to see the converted cars. I don't see a slouch in the bunch so it's great to see the quality of builds and the modelers who persevered through the challenges. More later.