Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. 'Aussie' KW T900 [finished]

thanks guys! the excavator is now all yellow [have had it for quite some time now, waiting for the perfect project to pair it with, along with the trailer, lol], and tonight i put the final coats of clear on the cab/hood/sleeper, so with luck, i can start decals tomorrow, and maybe wrap this up [or be close] by the end of the weekend:)

thanks everyone. got a bit more done the other night, hope to spend some time this weekend on it, not really a lot left to do, just all the little bits and decals, all major assemblies are done. stay tuned:D

done-da-done-done......:D  finished it up today. pretty decent kit overall, the decals were a bit tricky, and the kit chrome was pretty bad- lot of debris in the plating. the poor chrome worked out ok though, as i striped most of it as i felt the truck really wouldn't have been all chromed up as a work truck bound for long desolate hauls across the outback.  i also swapped out the kit wheels and tires for wheels and tires from Double Take Replicas, i think the wheel/tire swap really made the build. anyway, here it is,

thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great tom !!! Truck looks ready for serious hauling duties now, stripped of all the shiny bling !! 

The tire wheel swap really compliment this truck too

Question, are those marker lights on the hood corners in front of the wheel arches?

thanks guys:)

Jeff, yes, those are marker lights, and yes, i totally forgot to do anything with them:unsure:, every time i looked at the hood, i kept thinking i had to do something about those and never did..........i still have to do some touch up here and there, so when i get to that i will fix thoseB)