Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Super Boss 2016

Bennyg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to the YouTube video from Round2 this has been in stores but they have sold out and are now doing another run. Has anyone bought one? Tower Hobbies and Modelroundup are listing them as 'coming soon' ?

According to the YouTube video from Round2 this has been in stores but they have sold out and are now doing another run. Has anyone bought one? Tower Hobbies and Modelroundup are listing them as 'coming soon' ?

The distributors may have already bought the entire run but I haven't seen one yet and my local guy is still waiting on his shipment.

Still waiting on my preorder. Haven't heard anything yet.

That would make sense since. They won't get put on the boat to come here till mid July, so early August would be about right.

Well if they were going to be sent out from South Bend yesterday (according to the earlier post), they better have made their boat ride already...

Don't recall having read this here yet (did not go back through the entire thread again....).....here is a great story on the kit's development courtesy John G. and the kit's development engineer back in the late 1970's, John Mueller.  As a contractor to AMT back then, I'd heard parts of this story, but never in this level of detail.  It's a must-read and a huge grin!    Enjoy.....TIM

I'll be buying four kits minimum and i've been doing the math between driving all over town to different Hobby Lobby's to use the 40% off coupon for one kit or just order from Tower Hobbies and have them delivered to my door.

Super Boss prices

Hobby Lobby 4 kits (using coupon 4 times)        95.96
Hobby Lobby 2 kits (using coupon for one)         57.98 x2 115.96
Hobby Lobby 4 kits (at once with one coupon)   125.96
Tower Hobbies 2 kits (15.00 off and no shp)       58.98 x2 117.96
Tower Hobbies 2 kits (15.00 off with 9.99 shp)   68.97
Tower hobbies 4 kits (15.00 off super saver)       132.96
Tower Hobbies 3 kits (15.00 off super saver)       95.97