Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. International 9300

My choice of truck came down to; an Ertl Transtar kit with a Clint Freeman hood conversion.   I felt it was about time I dug in the stash of resin that has accumulated over the years and get it out there.  I have been busy and was not thinking of joining in but the long time given to build may suit me in my involvement.  So here is the start of my build thread for the Big Rig Build Off.

I haven’t really browsed through the BRBO threads to see the ideas others have started for this community build off.  When I have some time I'll have to look through them and get some inspiration and motivation for my build!  I am still working on a couple other models at this time.

I really don't have a final direction in my mind and how it will exactly turn out is still up in the air. I don’t even have a paint scheme in mind either.  But it will be changed around from the box stock look.  I am going to stretch the frame a couple scale feet but not too long just a owner/operator look to it with updated/aftermarket parts.  If time permits the plan is to put a Fruehauf flatbed trailer behind it. 

Here is the start of my build.

IH 1.JPG

IH 2.JPG

IH 3.JPG

Edited by Rigzndiesel

Thanks gentlemen on the words of encouragement!  I put a little more thought into this...I will be using a 4300 kit which is no big difference but I will put a Cummins inline 6 in it and go with a single bunk.

Shortly after I picked up the 9300 hood from CFC, he offered a second round of hoods which included a square "Texas" bumper and dual battery boxes.  It was a very short run.  I missed it and am hoping someday this kit comes around again.

Stephen - The 9300 is a fine looking truck, I would have been happy to drive one too!

1987international9300trucktractor_004.jpg

international-eagle-9300-05.jpg

CFC IH 9300 hood2.jpg

WOW! someone went deep into the parts stash for this build . I never did  get any of Clint's hoods . But did get some wheels and smaller stuff.

As far  as your build I like your ideas and the parts you have lined up for the build . I will be following this one for sure.

Be Well

Gator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...