Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint Question - Help

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a paint that is comprable to Polly Scale water base paint (which I cannot find locally and don't think it's available anymore) that is great for brush (not airbrush) painting. It needs to stay wet long enough to allow for flow-out to reduce brush strokes.

Thanks,

Charlie

Pro Tech

Try Vallejo acrylics. They leave virtually no brush stokes at all unless the surface is really smooth. I've started using them on interiors and engines and you pretty much cant tell they were brushed on. Also the black surface primer works well brushed on too and sprays nicely leaving a good looking matte black finish.

Hope this helps abit.

David

Thanks David, I've tried a metallic color of that brand but it seemed a little thicker than Polly Scale and it did not level out as well. 

Charlie

Pro Tech

Maybe try Railroad Paint. I used the Polly-S paint to hand paint designes on a Rolls Royce I did for the same reason -its thin and goes on good. if I remember right, I also used the Railroad paint as well with success.