Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT STREAKER AWB OLDS FUNNY CAR

.......just thought I would mention that I just moments ago was checking Ebay for kits, and that ultra rare  AMT AWB OLDS F 85 TOPLESS FUNNY CAR  mib was just listed for those who may be seeking one.....looks very nice all round,,,item no. is  152005442439..............just thought I'd let our members know, as its a rare one and seems to be the buzz on many threads and such...hope this helps someone....the Ace.....;)

I wouldn't pay big bucks for that kit because, frankly, there's not that much you can do with it. It's not a replica of any real car AFAIK. Topless funnies were fairly rare and '64 Olds funnies were even rarer. And it's on the simplistic and somewhat disappointing generic AMT funny car chassis.

It would take an almost superhuman level of work and skill to take that body back to stock, or close to it, if you're looking for a '64 Cutlass.

But if you just kinda like the look and gestalt of the thing, you could prolly get in the ballpark with a common Revell '65 Chevelle or AMT '65 GTO and some sheet and strip styrene and a bunch of vintage speed goodies from your parts box....

I wouldn't pay big bucks for that kit because, frankly, there's not that much you can do with it. It's not a replica of any real car AFAIK. Topless funnies were fairly rare and '64 Olds funnies were even rarer. And it's on the simplistic and somewhat disappointing generic AMT funny car chassis.

It would take an almost superhuman level of work and skill to take that body back to stock, or close to it, if you're looking for a '64 Cutlass.

But if you just kinda like the look and gestalt of the thing, you could prolly get in the ballpark with a common Revell '65 Chevelle or AMT '65 GTO and some sheet and strip styrene and a bunch of vintage speed goodies from your parts box....

I agree, Richard, its not a piece I ever have wanted, but I posted this because some of the members may want to bid on it, as many seem to like this car......the Ace........:P

I see it sold for $189 seems like a lot but that kit doesn't go cheap and it sure was about a perfect kit for its age as you would ever find. I hope someone got it that enjoys it I bought mine and it was just a bunch of parts in a ziplock bag but I was rebuildable and yes it turned out nice!!! Nice rare piece

vince