Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 foot Galactica- Completed!!!

A little something I've been working on.

Taking this to a local meet this weekend here in KY, probably spend the day drilling windows and BSing...

x511d.jpg
5ov1mo.jpg
4e2h3.jpg
1q67ig.jpg
34i0e4y.jpg

Going to see how well this works on resin. I'll bring a few fresh batteries with me!

ab09ki.jpg

Edited by robiwon
Model completed

I'll post some more pics after work today. Spent last evening drilling windows. The windows are .5mm for fiber optics to light them. I got the port side done and part of the top, drilled about 150 windows, still need to do about another 200. I'll then start running the .5mm fiber optics.

This is a resin kit made by Mike Salzo. You can find him on FB and scifi forums like the RPF. Drilled about 150 holes for fiber the other day. Still need to drill another 200 or so. The ship will be lit with .5mm fiber optics.

Picture taken at last weekends meeting of the Kentucky Modelers group. It was a big hit to mostly car modelers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All the fiber work is done. 300+ windows. Both .5mm and .25mm fiber was used. Fibers are all bundled up and trimmed. Now to install the electronics!!

Bridge with .25mm fiber.

Mike's replacement launch tubes in place. Much better than stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it!

A few more lighting tests. Starting to look good! Also, a picture on how I did the engine lights.

zl6p0.jpg
vimrzp.jpg
11hay5j.jpg

Engine lights. Tamiya paint cap, 12 LEDs in total. It has 8 flickering blues and 4 steady whites in the center.

2w318pt.jpg

She's almost ready for paint!

Edited by robiwon