Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first build....Monogram '55 F100

This was my first build when I started the hobby roughly 2 years ago (well, technically it was my first successful build...it would have been my 2nd actual build). I'm not sure where the intake hose and radiator hose went. They either fell off sometime between today and when I built it, or I never added them...I'll have to figure something out for that when I "re-touch" this one and add some more detail, and attempt to wire the motor and detail the wooden bed. It was painted with a Testors rattle-can...some color of metallic maroon and no clear. Wheels are from the '70 Boss 429, stripped and painted black. I deliberately installed the rear tail lights upside down because I liked the license tag better that way. Anyway, this is basically what got me started on the hobby.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. Looking back and now that I've got a little experience under my belt, I think it's time to build another one of these or rebuild this one and fix some of the easy stuff I could have done better (mold lines on the motor, trim\wiper painting, engine detail).