Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT A-Team Van

5 hours ago, Hondamatic said:

I was wondering, are the prices of the A Team van crazy because the tooling was irreparably backdated when the Dirty Donny version came out? I built this van from the recent rescue van and you can see the roof rib marks from the A team van ( I reused the roof skin to make the tall top)

20220410_115252.jpg

I was wondering the same thing. Never understood why they removed the ribs (which were accurate) to recreate the original issue (which weren't). I hope someday the original A-Team van can come back, I really liked that version of the van. 

BTW, is your van going to be an ice cream truck? I'd like to see more of that one. Are you doing a WIP thread?

IIRC, the A-Team van still has the ‘71-‘77 grill and bumpers in it and other than filling in the plate picked in the left rear door then adding the ribs to the roof, modifying the driver seat to fit that Mr. T figure, then adding the updated grill, bumpers, turbine wheels, and pushbar, the rest should be about the same.  I was kinda annoyed that they didn’t change the interior to match the ‘78 and later design the majority of the TV vans had.

4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Never understood why they removed the ribs (which were accurate) to recreate the original issue (which weren't). I hope someday the original A-Team van can come back, I really liked that version of the van. 

BTW, is your van going to be an ice cream truck? I'd like to see more of that one. Are you doing a WIP thread?

Its similar to an ice cream truck, in hawaii they're called manapua vans and they sell noodles, Asian snacks and candy. I patterned mine after the amt drag van kit

20220410_115121.jpg

Screenshot_20220405-061927_Google.jpg

20220410_115104.jpg

Edited by Hondamatic
  • Like 3