Model Cars Magazine Forum

Road Agent

PatW

Just completed this over the last week or so, built box stock other than paint and home grown decals. Found the chassis/frame to be a bit flimsy so de-chromed it and laid it up on a sheet of plasticard for strength and painted it Plasti-Kote metalic Red.

17_zpsfengybo6.jpg

and then finished the build-up.

32_zpso7zjjkgo.jpg

35_zpsjk55qerj.jpg

37_zpst1uyua90.jpg

50_zpsbxgezblc.jpg

55_zpss1admyzh.jpg

Edited by PatW

Hi Dann thanks for your comments. I certainly think that the buttercup yellow i've used on this better than the pink that is suggested!

I have 3 left........... a Trantula dragster, the Monogram Garbage truck with the surfboards, and a model T rod with trailer. The rest (60) are boring production saloons and sportscars and  a few trucks/vans and rally/race cars.

Nothing really that I can modify, I can perhaps camo some. I looked at an old kit of a Ford GT40 Le Mans car. It's supposed to be a light coloured body plus period decals and it's been moulded in gloss black plastic!! I was thinking of putting it on 20" and 21" Centrelines and making it a road car?

Anyway I've got the Trantula kit out today in yucky green, de-chromed it, painted some of it Satin Black and I'm looking at my stash of my self printed decals,(Camo/Surf/Race) as far as that I don't know! But I may wake up around 4 or 5 in the morning with some thoughts/ideas! So I better take a pencil and paper to bed tonight.

I was also lookig at one of our race series here called Time Attack where the car does just one sprint lap against the clock, interesting as most of them are production cars but are heavily modified with big wings front and back, like some they use on Pikes Peak, so that's another idea, swimming around in there.

Edited by PatW

Hi Dann thanks for your comments. I certainly think that the buttercup yellow i've used on this better than the pink that is suggested!

I have 3 left........... a Trantula dragster, the Monogram Garbage truck with the surfboards, and a model T rod with trailer. The rest (60) are boring production saloons and sportscars and  a few trucks/vans and rally/race cars.

Nothing really that I can modify, I can perhaps camo some. I looked at an old kit of a Ford GT40 Le Mans car. It's supposed to be a light coloured body plus period decals and it's been moulded in gloss black plastic!! I was thinking of putting it on 20" and 21" Centrelines and making it a road car?

Anyway I've got the Trantula kit out today in yucky green, de-chromed it, painted some of it Satin Black and I'm looking at my stash of my self printed decals,(Camo/Surf/Race) as far as that I don't know! But I may wake up around 4 or 5 in the morning with some thoughts/ideas! So I better take a pencil and paper to bed tonight.

I was also lookig at one of our race series here called Time Attack where the car does just one sprint lap against the clock, interesting as most of them are production cars but are heavily modified with big wings front and back, like some they use on Pikes Peak, so that's another idea, swimming around in there.

Love your idea with the GT40!, You are definitely not alone when it comes to building a car YOUR way:) I tend to do it ALL the time!, In fact, I would bet that Purists secretly cant stand my work when I do things like im doing right now: turning a Fujimi Porsche 917 into a road car, with carpeting and a second seat!! Love the work, and the choices you make -keep it up!!