Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Plymouth Fury 'unmarked' Car

Bluzboy66

Guys,

Here's another one I just finished up. It's the Jo-han '68 Plymouth Fury Police Car. I decided to go with an 'unmarked' theme. The color is Tamiya Gunmetal Metallic with clear coat. The magazines on the front seat are 'Rolling Stone', 'Playboy' and 'Inside Detective', all from '68. I Googled the names on the internet, snagged the images, used Adobe Illustrator to reduce them down to proper size, and then printed them out on thin photo paper. The antennas are the ends off of guitar strings.....a nickel wound .023 'D' string for the CB antenna (by using the end, you get a little bit of the winding itself which looks like the spring on a CB antenna) and a .013 'B' string for the standard front fender mounted radio antenna......

ModelsApril08038.jpg

ModelsApril08035.jpg

ModelsApril08033.jpg

ModelsApril08022.jpg

ModelsApril08027.jpg

ModelsApril08031.jpg

ModelsApril08028.jpg

ModelsApril08026.jpg

ModelsApril08034.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66

Mike that is so super slick and clean! I can remember seeing these as a kid in '68........but really didn't know what they were let alone an unmarked police car.

Likewise your '63 Ford custom is real sharp too! I'd love to see them at the NNL Saturday, but I can't make it this year. :D Maybe you can come to our next CPMCC meeting with Cruz and you can bring 'em then!

Yeah, that's a slick car indeed, and I love models that don't scream "come and look". You usually walk by them at the shows without paying too much attention, then you stop, thinking "What in the world was that...?", and then you walk back and look. It's kinda like factory racers: "The plainer, the better". :D

BTW: Does this kit come with clear headlight lenses or did you add that yourself? I haven't built many JoHan kits, but I thought they all came with the lenses molded in?

Mike that is so super slick and clean! I can remember seeing these as a kid in '68........but really didn't know what they were let alone an unmarked police car.

Likewise your '63 Ford custom is real sharp too! I'd love to see them at the NNL Saturday, but I can't make it this year. :D Maybe you can come to our next CPMCC meeting with Cruz and you can bring 'em then!

Thanks Bill. I plan to attend the next CPMCC meeting, and will probably join this time (really enjoyed the auction a couple of months back). I'll bring my latest finished builds.

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66

Yeah, that's a slick car indeed, and I love models that don't scream "come and look". You usually walk by them at the shows without paying too much attention, then you stop, thinking "What in the world was that...?", and then you walk back and look. It's kinda like factory racers: "The plainer, the better". :D

BTW: Does this kit come with clear headlight lenses or did you add that yourself? I haven't built many JoHan kits, but I thought they all came with the lenses molded in?

The lenses are separate pieces. Some of the Jo-Han kits I've built have separate lenses.......the '69 Road Runner comes to mind. Whereas, the '69 SC Rambler that I just picked up has molded-in lenses........I believe.

Mike

There are some details on this kit that you can't see right off the bat. I used a piece of polished stainless wire for the horn ring on the steering wheel......the original steering wheel was crushed when I removed the kit from the box. I pulled an old Plymouth wheel out of my parts box and added the ring. The gear shift and turn signal levers are straight pins. Also, the cords for the CB mic and portable spotlight are fine gauge coiled electric wire. Too bad you can't really see them in the assembled car. :D The car also has an actual headliner and C pillar trim panels, made from thin black matte paper. There's also a dome light on the headliner. I'm just now starting to get better with fine details, but some of the stuff you guys do blows my mind. What an inspiration.

Mike

WOW!!

I'd vote that as the worlds most beautiful car.

That is so clean and perfect looking.

Love the Attention to details.

hard to tell it apart from a 1:1 car.

Can I ride in the front seat? ;)

I'm going to save these pics so I can one day build mine.

Not that Great but atleast be inspired to build it..

AWESOME FLIPP'IN JOB!!!!! ;)

Edited by Zukiholic

Wow, thanks for the compliments guys. And to think, the 1:1 version of this car isn't supposed to actually draw attention! lol.

Hope to see some of you at the NNL East on Saturday! I'll bring this Fury and a couple of my others.......the ones that are worth showing, anyway. :lol:

Mike

WONDERFUL build - I have seldom seen this model treated with such craftsmanship and attention to detail!! Even the old one-piece chassis looks good!!! B)B)B)

Thanks! I really enjoyed building it, and I'm preparing to build another one.....'marked' this time.

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66

Likewise your '63 Ford custom is real sharp too! I'd love to see them at the NNL Saturday, but I can't make it this year. :angry: Maybe you can come to our next CPMCC meeting with Cruz and you can bring 'em then!

I love your work and if you could come to the CPMCC meeting, that would be awsome! :lol: