Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT "Multi-Maverick" F/C

skymnky721

Hi all,,got this for 15$  at a recent swap meet,,neat kit,,had to change a few things,different back tires,opened up hood and removed the "scoop"  that was hiding the big 429,,{had to be able to see that} it came as a "adjustable"  wheel base to put it in different classes,,but as I mocked up the 2 different versions,,neither one was convincing looking.  So I just picked the longer wheelbase version and went with that.  Still had to dremmel open  the front of the front fender inner twords front of car to fit the longer wheel base  And added  some x-tra  "wing" to the trunk deck.. Other than that,,its bx stk,,w/a few lines hooked up. I dont have very many Mavericks in my collection,,so had to do this one. Thanks for looking. Cheers!019_zpsx4bqgk8p.jpg016_zpsu1wxgqgd.jpg014_zpslgugloen.jpg013_zpsrvdtu0dl.jpg011_zpsy3tlb6bb.jpg008_zpszlyq8t7n.jpg006_zpsxvssmhnp.jpg

Edited by skymnky721

Scott man,  you really build some real nice models, great stuff man. The detail looks awesome.  Just one thing, is anyone else seeing "squeezed" images?

Yes, I am. But if you click on the photo, you'll see it correctly.

BTW... what's up with a passenger seat in a funny car??? :blink:

UUUmmm,,,???  I see a bit of  squeeze,,not too much,,these came over from PB,,overall they look ok.  Thanks for the comments,,I build ok stuff,,but theres way better in here than my stuff,,which is cool by me! Thanks again.

But what about the passenger seat in a funny car? :blink:

The 1:1 wasn't a funny car, it was a gasser (two seats required for Gas class).  The 1:1 had the adjustable wheelbase and the engine could be shifted fore/aft to run as a gasser or an altered.  Gas class would probably have the engine in the forward position and the shorter wheelbase, Altered class would have the opposite setup.

For the mechanic:D.  Never seen one in real life.  I like this funny car Scott.

thanks so much,,yea,,I was trying to find pics of the 1:1 car on web before build,,,and theres hardly any pics of it,and I read that MPC  commissioned  Ohio George to build this car to promote the kit!    I think the 1:1 car ran for only or a year or so.  Thanks again

I like it Scott. A favorite car and driver of mine. 

I did a bad job on this kit back in the day but I have another kit to take a stab at it on the pile. 

Thanks so much,,its tricky if your going to use both versions,,the biggest prob is the front 1/4 panels,it comes w/2 different styles,,and neither mated up cleanly to body edges,,thats why I just used 1 version,,glued panels in,,putty,,,sanded,,,ect  to get front to look decent. And the 2 panels didnt really have alot of difference to them for the most part. One had more frontward placement  for wheelwell  than the other,,thats it. Good luck on yours!