Model Cars Magazine Forum

630 photos from 2016 GoodGuys Nationals in Columbus this weekend....

Gee, Tim. Did you take that many pictures back in the film only days?:lol:

Thanks for the pictures!

Russ

Russ...not, not that many, but not that many less either  Sure appreciate not having to have these developed at the film lab, though.   Cheers....TIM 

Thanks for sharing, you are correct in that there is a lot of ideas among all those pictures!

Noticed that first gen IH Scouts were among the vehicles you took pictures of, were there more than those 3 there? If Revell can bring us a first gen Bronco, maybe they can bring the Scout too? I really liked the ones in your pictures!

Thanks for sharing, you are correct in that there is a lot of ideas among all those pictures!

Noticed that first gen IH Scouts were among the vehicles you took pictures of, were there more than those 3 there? If Revell can bring us a first gen Bronco, maybe they can bring the Scout too? I really liked the ones in your pictures!

Thanks Mike.  Yeah, there were a number of 1st gen Scouts this year....I've known for several years that Revell was working on a Bronco, but didn't know when it would hit the market.  So I was really surprised - pleasantly so - when I returned home Friday night and saw the Q4 announcements.   TIM  

I know the shop that built this one. Its another one that you could ck out for hours on end and constantly find things , innovative tricks etc that were done to it. I believe it was a top 5 finalist this year for the street rod of the year .

DSC 0839

Tim Boyd, many thanks for the link, I enjoyed looking at beautifully done cars.

Also, I had an opportunity to realize my taste in custom cars has changed somewhat.  Which car is this beauty?;

-DSC_0657-vi.thumb.jpg.95fa1966364876181

I like this one.

This is the car that won the Ridler, hands down in my opinion, at the Detroit Cobo Autorama earlier this year.  It is a gorgeous (and expensive!) piece of work.   Glad you enjoyed the pix....TIM  

I know the shop that built this one. Its another one that you could ck out for hours on end and constantly find things , innovative tricks etc that were done to it. I believe it was a top 5 finalist this year for the street rod of the year .

DSC 0839

It was also a "Great 8" finalist for the Ridler award at the 2015 Cobo Autorama IIRC.....TIM  

On a side note, would the cars get lesser rating if the driver did not hang his arm out the window?  This is for sure an American thing, makes me grin.

I've been living in Europe so long (no one does it over here) it's become strange for me to see.  One more thing comes to mind. The 2 dudes in the background carrying a little extra weight....guys, are all Americans carrying such a belly nowadays? 

Gee Tim, you couldn't take a few more pics?:lol: Its going to take me a few days to view them all:P Thanks for posting these, its pure eye candy.

Cheers,

Lance

Thanks Lance....yeah....I was a bit neglectful in not getting any more pix!   (smile)   Cheers.....TIM 

Hey Tim,  Thanks for the acknowledgement of my '32

Here's one of several shots of Fred Farrand's 1/1 scale '32 Highboy, just finished last fall. 

For those that don't recognize the name, Fred's been doing magazine-worthy model cars for over 20 years (and has several magazine photos to prove it - and now one in full size scale too!).  

DSC 0577This car is full of neat details, from the '33-style hood vents, to the airfoil section on the front tie bar, to the way cool induction system on the small block Ford V8 (no me-too SBC's for this man!), and the one-off style mag wheels.  Well done, Fred!    TIM

Edited by tim boyd