Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner Single Drive 32 yrs old

I built this truck when I was 16 I bought it with the money I got from mowing my Grand Parents lawn I haven't touched it till now I cleaned it and replace the missing parts and reposition the mirrors and turn signals the paint is Testors Light Blue and White with White & Black pin stripping. Hope you enjoy the pics I'm looking forward to the AMT Re-release of this beautiful kit Lee  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks I'm surprised it has lasted this long also the chrome in spots are disappearing but I don't want to replace any parts it wouldn't be the same truck. When I get my other three trucks cleaned and fixed I will post them. 

If you really built that when you were 16 where is the globs of glue and the runs in the paint? ;)  That is one beautiful build, looking forward to the clean up of your other builds.  The only remainder of my early days is a JoHan '66 Plymouth Fury III.  When I tried to redo it, the front fenders warped. 

My brother  "Bill  Drennen" taught me at a early age about how to build with out glue globs and clean building. One day I will post some of his early builds that he gave me the talent he has unbelievable I can never build like him I'm a old box stocker if you ever bought one of his resin conversion you know what I'm talking about