Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can't wait for these !!

gbdolfans

The MPC Yellow Feather concerns me a bit. MPC [or AMT for that matter] didn't make that engine or frame. I could be corrected but if this is a modified old tool then they may have a winner. If they slide a decal sheet into the box with a Garlits/Brute Force kit I'll be very disappointed. Although the decal sheet is very welcomed.

Looking forward to someone's unboxing.

Sadly I think the Yellow Feather will be the MPC Garlits RED re boxed with new decals, and oh yes, a miniature model box to make it all better! LOL! 

Sad part is that I just sold a Garlits car at a kit show for $5 and it was sealed!! Now I have to buy it again for 5 times the price!! LOL! 

There is a post on the Round2 Collector Model Blog showing the new parts tooled for the Kit.

There are 5 new parts: One front Wheel half, a pair of Tall Wing Support Struts $ the 'Z' Strut that goes between them and, a new blower scoop. Although the parts shown are in raw plastic, I will guess that they'll be chromed in the Final kit.

There is also a photo showing all the new parts on a built up kit, so you can see where most of them go.

This kit does not interest me at all. However, like most here, I want it to be a major sales success. The more of these that sell, the better my chances for getting the obscure kits that I really want.

There is a post on the Round2 Collector Model Blog showing the new parts tooled for the Kit.

There are 5 new parts: One front Wheel half, a pair of Tall Wing Support Struts $ the 'Z' Strut that goes between them and, a new blower scoop. Although the parts shown are in raw plastic, I will guess that they'll be chromed in the Final kit.

There is also a photo showing all the new parts on a built up kit, so you can see where most of them go.

This kit does not interest me at all. However, like most here, I want it to be a major sales success. The more of these that sell, the better my chances for getting the obscure kits that I really want.

And here are the pics. 

Almost ironic that they are basing this kit on the Garlits car since Garlits called the Prudhomme car unsafe!! 

MPC844 Prudhomme 1972 Dragster LidJOHN2

IMG_2302

IMG_2304

A disappointing addition of parts. And the hat is wrong as well. I must have 30 Revell drag kit from 80's/90's and almost all of them are missing the injector hats due to this bizarre conundrum. Looks like I'll be placing an order for a bunch of resin Revell copies to fill the void.

Either someone is not looking at the picture on their own box or it's laziness to use a hat in their lexicon of moldings. I suppose I can sand away the lip since I'll be Alcladding it anyway. And it is ribbed.

They can count me in for several. I bought 6 of the rear engine Revell kits with all its various flaws. I had to stratchbuild fuel pumps, seats and sundry other items for those. I'm a modeler, I have putty, Plastruct and sandpaper.

Oh, and the will.

So, Same tool for both Snake and Mongoose, eh? Couple parts for this one, and a few different parts for the other one. That, and some new decals, and they will have gotten TWO new kits out of one older tool. Smart use of both their money and Tom L's gift for Licensing. And both should be popular sellers. The box art alone will move these kits in large quantities. I don't build rail dragsters and even I might buy a pair just for giggles.

I'm not sure. The box top boasts of being 90 percent USA made, and having  Cartograf decals.  This might have added to the cost. I've posted some quick photos. Basic Lindbergh Super Stock kit with Plymouth body. New American mag wheels, also has dog dish hub caps and full wheel covers included. Lots of box art inside and out. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

i found out last week at my hobby lobby that a lot of kits were MISPRICED lately you should have asked them to check that, it's 29.99 at my Hobby Lobby, they had the new revell nickey chevy camaro all priced at 19.99 and they had the new 57 ford gasser wagon at 39.99, i asked and 57 ford gasser should have been 29.99 they changed the price at my Hobby Lobby,but me and my girlfriend did buy all the revell nickel cameras at 19.99 plus 40 percent off they only had 2 LOL. But seriously they have screwed up the price on models. the Lawman is only 24.90 from model roundup and only 24.99 ay my LHS

Edited by kitswapper
typo

i found out last week at my hobby lobby that a lot of kits were MISPRICED lately you should have asked them to check that, it's 29.99 at my Hobby Lobby, they had the new revell nickey chevy camaro all priced at 19.99 and they had the new 57 ford gasser wagon at 39.99, i asked and 57 ford gasser should have been 29.99 they changed the price at my Hobby Lobby,but me and my girlfriend did buy all the revell nickel cameras at 19.99 plus 40 percent off they only had 2 LOL. But seriously they have screwed up the price on models. the Lawman is only 24.90 from model roundup and only 24.99 ay my LHS

Thanks,  I'll run by with my receipt and double check, maybe get a refund.

I don't know what Hobby Lobby is thinking charging $39.99. Auto World has it priced at $26.99 and Model Round Up (Model King) is priced at $24.99. Even if you use the 40% off coupon (which I did because I wanted one now) it prices at $25, so what gives here? If Hobby Lobby continues to escalate the cost of kits like this they will soon find themselves without sales.

NOTE: here is a pic of a real Enderle 3-hole bugcatcher. It has flat sides, not rounded sides like that of the Revell bugcatcher commonly found in most kits...Ugh!!!  And these hats do indeed have a lip on the front horn. Do a simple Google search to get the facts right.

Enderle 3-Hole.jpg