Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steve Zimmerman

Sorry, only sell on my face book home page under the album 'ZSWHEELZ', at NNL east, Toledo NNL, Detroit NNL, and local shows within driving distance of my home. I'm sorry, but those are the parameters I have set, in order to retain what little sanity I have left.   Don Holthaus once told me, that if I ever cast and offered resin products, I would never have  time to complete another model....he was right.  It takes just a few minutes to join FACEBOOK, another few minutes to search for my homepage. I'm sorry, but that's my choice........Steven Zimmerman, aka the 'Z'man, 'Z', etc.

I have given a lot of thought to this. I have seen too many small one man casting operations, with great product, go "website", then go out of business later because they could not keep up with demand. I have talked to those who recommend I open a website, citing my orders will double or triple immediately. All my spare time  ( I'm retired) is devoted to this 'ZSWHEELZ' now. I'm not willing to give up what little spare time I have left, to hunt for the almighty dollar.I am quite comfortable with the way things are, and am not going to change that; at least not at this point. If you're not willing to purchase my product because of the way I market it, that is your prerogative. I offer what I feel is a good product at a good price, haven't had  anyone complain, return a product, or complain about my methods  until now, and have been offering these wheels for over 5 years now. Sorry you feel that way, Russ. You're entitled to your opinion, but at this point I'm not going to change anything. Have a nice day..........'Z'

I have given a lot of thought to this. I have seen too many small one man casting operations, with great product, go "website", then go out of business later because they could not keep up with demand. I have talked to those who recommend I open a website, citing my orders will double or triple immediately. All my spare time  ( I'm retired) is devoted to this 'ZSWHEELZ' now. I'm not willing to give up what little spare time I have left, to hunt for the almighty dollar.I am quite comfortable with the way things are, and am not going to change that; at least not at this point. If you're not willing to purchase my product because of the way I market it, that is your prerogative. I offer what I feel is a good product at a good price, haven't had  anyone complain, return a product, or complain about my methods  until now, and have been offering these wheels for over 5 years now. Sorry you feel that way, Russ. You're entitled to your opinion, but at this point I'm not going to change anything. Have a nice day..........'Z'

Steven, trying to send you a PM...........could you enable your inbox? 

Thanks! ;)

I'm not sure why it won't go - try sending me a friend request.........'Z'

Actually Steven, i was trying to send you a PM on this board, but it keeps bouncing back saying that you cannot receive any messages. You might have to either clean out your inbox on this board, or enable your PM feature to receive messages.

I did send you a friend request on Facebook however! :D

EDIT: OK, I just sent you a PM replying to the one you sent me, and it did go through.

Edited by MrObsessive

Steven, I have no real problem with you using that place, it is your choice after all.:D

I am just stating that I will never buy from you (or anyone else) who only sells there. I don't even go there to look at pictures or anything, if I click a link  not realising it is going to facebook I get out of there as fast as possible. I refuse to go there for anything. I am sure I am missing out on stuff, but that is my choice. :D

Odds are in a year or two you may be overrun with orders anyway, since that place is not going away (darn it). I imagine sooner or later it will kill sites like this, I am on some 1:1 car sites that have lost lots of traffic to it. Once that happens I'll go back to more building and doing, instead of spending most of my free time on these sites. :o

Heck, I still use Usenet. Most kids these days have no clue about that. It was huge at one point, and now is almost dead, but hanging in there. rec.models.scale is one forum I still monitor, although it is almost 100% military now. And gets about as many posts a week as it used to get in an hour. Same as the others I still read/post to. Some of us are just too stubborn I guess. :lol:

Russ