Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeff Lindstrom`s: 1930 Ford Model A -10 1/2 second race car on the "Work Bench" 9/10/16 "Finished pictures posted in the "Under Glass" section 11/5/16

John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:) .........I got the doors hinged.....and I also started working on the engine......My friends Art Laski and Chris Sobak donated some engine parts and I combined them together for this build......I modified a Manifold Tunnel Ram.,made some flanges for the headers....I modified the M/T valve covers and made some custom breathers like the ones on the 1:1 car......I also made a deep dish finned trans. bucket .....I also made some carb. stacks......and I modified some "Pro Tech" carbs that my buddy Art Laski gave me for my B`Day.......you can buy some "Pro Tech" products from Art  at his website here at:

Laski Scale Specialties  Thanks Art.

I also modified the radiator shell and radiator.......I made a electric fan ,and brkt. and made a electric water pump and  all the plumbing and I also made a over flow bottle ......I used "Pro Tech" detailing wire,nut and bolt ends,throttle linkage parts and a valve cover T` for the drain plug on the radiator......thanks for looking

DSCF2251_zpskckiws8u.jpg

DSCF2250_zpsylomjayu.jpg

DSCF2246_zpskiubaxoo.jpg

DSCF2249_zpsb1ixyk3m.jpg

DSCF2247_zpsihie3z2c.jpg

DSCF2248_zps0kioahg7.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Killer radiator details there John!  You make it look so simple...couple pieces of plastic...couple wires...couple fittings...some paint...BAM Killer radiator that looks better than a lot engines I ve seen or even built myself!..Keep up the great work!

Hello.........thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)......I got the engine mocked-up......I did alot  of modifications and made some scratch built parts for the engine......all the detail will be added later......I also modified some headlights that I had in my parts box to resemble the headlights on the 1:1 car........thanks for looking

DSCF2282_zps4c7y9m8e.jpg

DSCF2283_zpsf2hayiih.jpg

DSCF2285_zpsa76cw3k2.jpg

DSCF2281_zpscfwlcv2j.jpg

DSCF2284_zpsltejawdy.jpg

DSCF2271_zpsltnbhb6g.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John... Awesome Work on this update. That Engine is going to be killer when you add your detailing Magic to it. I have to agree with Art here. You are so close to having this thing in primer and paint. I can't wait to see it in its Glory all painted up. It is one totally cool build. Nice work on everything so far.