Model Cars Magazine Forum

truck and camper

gray07

I went to Walmart after Christmas and went into there discounted isles, and what do I see a 1/24 64 chevy truck with a camper that slides into the bed,  I bought 4 of them and the reason I did, think about it we can use the camper in other trucks, its a cool camper , check them out, there made by motor max, oh yeh I bought mine for 9.95 .

No kiddin, that camper looks AWFUL close to 1/24th-1/25th scales!!!! Whats the inside of it like? (I know some toys come "semi-detailed" so I have to wonder!) I ask as I like to detail up an interior to a camper for the back of a pick-up some day!

Edited by 426-Hemi
Added content

The trucks in the pic are Franklin Mint diecasts. As for the camper itself, there is no interior detail. It needs some re-engineering both inside and out; you almost never see a 1:1 with more than about 4 inches clearance over the cab.

mike

The trucks in the pic are Franklin Mint diecasts. As for the camper itself, there is no interior detail. It needs some re-engineering both inside and out; you almost never see a 1:1 with more than about 4 inches clearance over the cab.

mike

Mike this is  the problem my buddy has with his old Studebaker truck. The modern camper will not fit his truck because the cab is too tall. He was thinking about putting a diesel running gear under the old truck because the Dodge is getting very rusty. 

I think it was the late '50s when they roughly standardized the cab/box/frame measurements amongst the truck manufacturers to make it easier for the aftermarket body/RV suppliers.  Chev resized their bodies in '88 and Ford in '04.

mike

Edited by mk11