Model Cars Magazine Forum

Abbreviated Class of 2016

Harry P.

Those are really nice! Can you give a short rundown on the kits?

The first one is the 1924 Fiat Mefistofele, the second one is the 1927 Fiat 806 Corsa (no photo)... both are fairly new reissues from Italeri in 1/12 scale.

3_zpszhkvxbok.jpg

The third one is a circa 1908-10 Rolls Royce baloon car by Entex, in 1/16 scale. The long rear deck was designed to carry a hot air balloon to the launching site (hot air ballooning was a big fad of the era).

cover_zpsvnu7mhcf.jpg

Each of these kits have been issued many times under various brand names and with various box art.

All three kits contain several hundred parts and are a real challenge to build. The RR balloon car has vinyl "wiring" and a special jig, so that you actually lace the spokes on the jig, then add the rims. It was a pretty hadr process... it took me many tries before I figured out the correct lacing sequence before I had an actual correct wheel made.

What better way to show us all how it's done than these iconic examples of "early iron"? They dp indeed "set the standard". From exquisite detail, color and texture to immaculate photography your work is always a delight to behold. The 806 in particular is perhaps the most beautiful car of the 1500cc voiturette GP era. Incredibly low and sleek, it would the basis for comparison for racing car beauty for decades to come. You captured it so well!

We are so glad to see you post up your jewels from 2016 and we all hope for your successful recovery in 2017.

Edited by Bernard Kron