Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Kenworth K100

Now I need another project like I need a hole in the head, but when inspiration strikes you need to act. Maybe someday I will finish a model... So I decided to backdate an AMT K123 kit to represent a 1965 K100 model. I started with a scrap cab that I bought recently. I stripped the old paint and cut the front headlight panels out. I made new headlight panels, filled the "peep" window on the passenger side, added a vent to the driver's door, and modified the cargo doors. I will be using a back-dated grille as well. I sprayed the first coat of primer on the cab tonight.

• 4 months later...

I like that you are doing what I have in the planning stages! I have my Australian K100 on the workbench to finish first! If you are striving for total accuracy on the cab you will need to remove the raised center portion of the roof and add individual platforms for the marker lights as they are on the outside of the stock roof panel ! And to go even further, remove the rivets and panel line in the middle of the roof and move that forward to approximately an eighth of an inch behind the marker light stantions. I'm watching this build!! Good job so far!