Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 MPC '79 Pontiac Firebird

Casey

Thank you for that information!  I will do some serious google searching!  That is a fantastic way to look at colors!  I am having to start my paint build from scratch again due to the hurricane that hit Florida in October.  I was trying to get a general run down to do this kit with my kids to get them into model building!  Thank you all for the responses!

2 hours ago, eyceston said:

Thank you for that information!  I will do some serious google searching!  That is a fantastic way to look at colors!  I am having to start my paint build from scratch again due to the hurricane that hit Florida in October.  I was trying to get a general run down to do this kit with my kids to get them into model building!  Thank you all for the responses!

If you're just starting out again you don't have to go nuts with all of the different paints as I did;  6-10 different shades can still get you a decent result.

What these guys are saying is true about finding cars for sale on the web. That's what I do for most of my builds, actually!

The T/A is a double-edged sword, though; there will be a lot of customized ones on line as well as stock, so make sure you poke around diligently!

You can check out my T/A; there are  few custom touches (again, like what you often find) but the interior (save the headliner - had to be replaced) and the decals are like the factory. I know mine's an 80, but they're very similar. NOTE: if you're not doing it as a Tenth Anniversary, you have to fill and sand the embroidered bird between the rear seats and on the doors. 

• 2 years later...

1 of 999  triple 9 collection. #3  1 of custom. Cameo white with Camel tan interior.. gold decals from the Turbo.Firebird. . Detailed.. emissions decals.. seat belts.. plugs wires.. brake and fuel lines..  Above all.. it matches my 1:1. The real car is a hard top. 

1619195859535145510987.jpg

Trophy series.. id believe  the re issue would be as the other turbo.. And the 79 10th Anniversary is.. after the Trophy series . Some with out carpet and lights or the base. The decals on the other turbo release I use.. They are the closest to my 80 turbo 1:1 

IMG_161432799061F.jpg

FB_IMG_1612224078415.jpg

• 2 years later...