Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Cuda complete!!!!

cruz

DSC05307.jpg

DSC05317.jpg

DSC05318.jpg

DSC05285.jpg

CopyofDSC05292.jpg

Had to add a little bit of plastic to the hood scoop, when I did all the alterations to the model the engine had to be placed higher than normal and the carbs were the first to peek a little past the hood. I just finished painting it so I will let it dry and then polish it to ultimately place it on the hood!!! :P

Man, that's nice! And it's also a great example of why natural, indirect light is excellent for shooting models...especially ones as well done as this!!

Sooooo....since it looks like it'd just about fly, can we refer to this as the Cruz Missile? I will.

I can't promise it won't find its way into the newsletter! :blink:

Man, that's nice! And it's also a great example of why natural, indirect light is excellent for shooting models...especially ones as well done as this!!

Sooooo....since it looks like it'd just about fly, can we refer to this as the Cruz Missile? I will.

I can't promise it won't find its way into the newsletter! :lol:

Thanks Dan, I always tell a lot of the guys in the forum not to shoot the models in direct sunlight, pictures are too bright and you don't really see the gloss on the paints specially on the white colors or anything light. For cars w/ mettalic finishes like this one it's even worse, you have to keep the metallics to a minimum, at least my humble opinion, again, thanks for the comments!!! :lol:

DSC05307.jpg

You've really captured the essence of the car in this build. Breathtaking in it's execution and detail, but most of all, totally true to the beauty of the original design. The contemporary stance is just stunning.

As others have said, thanks for giving us this.

Edited by gbk1

Nice, it turned out great! After just finishing 2 of these johan kits, i know how much you had to do to lower it, i like the stance a lot. I want to get another one of these, and lower it now! That would make cuda #40! lol!

Marcos,

As I said in the other forum, spectacular work my friend. And this is from somebody who doesn't care for Mopars :D

Doesn't care for Mopars???!!!! :)

I think they have a cure for that these days. HEMI pills. Take two and call me in the morning!!! :D

I have seen many Cudas built, and always a pleasure.

but this one has a "In your face" LOOK ...even it is old school, it still can wip your axx, you don't know if it is a

custom show car or a weekend warrior/street racer....tHIS IS WHAT A

"real" Pro Streets look like.

Marcus :) I love you, MAN!!!!!!

Edited by 3men2s

Oh yeah!! Everything about this build is right on the money!!

I'll send you a PM with my address. I've already made room for this one in my display case! :rolleyes:

Keep up the great work and the posts!! This is the stuff that keeps me inspired to build more!!

Gee!!! I don't know!! Can you say Barrett Jackson??? :lol::lol:

Save it for our auction. :huh: Considering how good your Falcon went for............. ;)

Well, another amazing model my friend, I love the color and the stance and wheels match it perfectly. Love the engine details. I can't wait to see this thing soon.....Street Rod Nationals? ;)

Save it for our auction. :lol:

That's what I said about his Merc before he won anything with it. :huh::lol:

Seriously, this Cuda is freakin' sweet! Like Nick, I hope to see you at the Street Rod nats next weekend. That muscle car will steal some of the glory from the hot rods..... they better watch out!!! ;)

(All you guys buying up these Johan Cudas made me want to be part of the action.... I had to pick up that Johan Dart at the MAMA NNL. )

Edited by dub