Model Cars Magazine Forum

Homebrew Dealer Displays

TonyW

I'm a fan of the old cardboard Dealer Displays hobby stores used to have in their windows. Being in the UK means they are a bit hard to find though. My solution was to build my own. Here's a few of them...

IMG_1796.jpg

... the models are all restored originals.

The displays were done in Photoshop and printed and mounted at home. I used catalog and boxtop images to build what I thought the displays might have looked like. When I built these there was very little info out there. Finding Dean Milano's Museum site was a huge help and the Monogram books now in print made life a whole lot easier as well.

The Little T model was built by a very talented modeler, Harley Richards, and once combined with this display base made its first appearance on Daves Show Rod site many years ago. Where have all the years gone?

Here's the page it appeared on...    http://www.showrods.com/gallery_pages/little_t1.html

Digging these displays out of storage has been a very enjoyable trip down Memory Lane. :D

Edited by TonyW