Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988 Ford L-9000 Aeromax

Hallo all

After a longer brake I started again with modeling. I decided to pick up an older project. It is my1988 Ford L9000 Aeromax. It will be a tandem axel truck used for pulling logging trailers.

Most of the parts are from some old trucks and from the spare boxes. The hood is from Italerie and I cut so that it fits to the AMT cab. There is still a lot of work to be done, filling and sanding but for the moment to see how it fits is it ok.

The frame was shorted and reworked to fit with the tandem rear axel. The axel which is from AMT was updated with resin brake parts and some bolts and nuts.

Just have a look, pictures say more than words.   

SAM_2812.JPG

SAM_2815.JPG

SAM_2816.JPG

SAM_2818.JPG

SAM_2820.JPG

SAM_2824.JPG

SAM_2825.JPG

SAM_2826.JPG

SAM_2827.JPG

SAM_2828.JPG

SAM_2830.JPG

SAM_2831.JPG

SAM_2832.JPG

SAM_2833.JPG

SAM_2836.JPG

Still a lot of work to be done but it is a lot of fun.

So long

Arnd

Edited by Arnd

Hallo all

Just a little update. I added the front parts for the frame to make it a bit longer. The cab holder on the frame were reworked. I did the same with the cab and the interior so that everything fits a bit better and is easier to work with. As far as I want to use a Cummins I reworked the firewall and made the doghouse a bit wider. The steering system and the linkage were reworked and added to the frame and front axel. 

The masters fort he resin parts are originally from Revell I reworked and changed them so that I can cast them for my own trucks.

I have a question for you guys out there, I want to use cast spoke rims on that truck. Can I use rims with six spokes on the front axel and rims with only five spokes on the rear? Or do I have to use the same number of spokes on the front and on the rear axel?

Thanks for your efforts.

So long

Arnd

Great work! I'm interested in doing something similar now having seen your work. Gives me an idea for what I can do with a stalled Ford project I've had on the back burners for several years. 

Regarding the spokes, certain versions of the AMT Mack come with 6 spoke steers and 5 spoke drives.  sure it was common at one time