Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hemi-a-wrench

Crizila

Monograms "Slingster". Lots of extras after you decide what you want to build.  Easy kit.  Went with Magnesium metalizer  on the wheels.  Body could candy red?   Kit could use a little more detail.  Had to ad my own fuel pump.

Monagram Slingster.jpg

Gonna use the body in the pic ( open front ).  Had to drop the drag link down about 1/8" on the body to clear the header pipes?  Could have been just how I positioned the pipes on the engine?  Make sure you install the steering gear box with the hole up.  Have no clue what the hole is for ( nothing in the directions ), but I'm gonna use it for a tach or oil press gauge.  The seat belts and anti-dive belt come molded to the body figure.  No rear brakes with this kit, but if you go with the narrower rear axle version, all is hidden within the rear wheels / body.  Actually, for an older kit, tooling is quite nice ( little flash to clean up).

Very nice build! 

Would it be possible to see a couple of close ups of the engine? I need to know how you did the injectors. I am currently working on a 60's era C/FD that runs a 392 Hemi with that style of injectors, and yours look just like what I need to replicate. 

Very nice build! 

Would it be possible to see a couple of close ups of the engine? I need to know how you did the injectors. I am currently working on a 60's era C/FD that runs a 392 Hemi with that style of injectors, and yours look just like what I need to replicate. 

Fuel pump came out of my parts box. I just ran a fuel line to the molded distribution box in the center of the valley cover.  Lines to the individual injectors are also molded in to the valley cover. Curved fuel line will end up going to the top of my fuel tank as a return line. 

injected hemi.jpg

Wow, it looks even better in closeup. I should've asked also where did the block, injectors and valve covers come from, is it all from the original kit?  That is exactly the engine I am looking to build. Same injector style, same magneto, etc. I'll try to remember to post pictures when I'm done. Thanks again! 

Just to be clear guys, this is brand new tooling from just a few years ago. It's based on the 60's Sizzler dragster, and shares similar box art. But the Sizzler was larger than 1/24-1/25 scale.

John, your buildup of this kit is really sweet. I love your choice of colors. Looking forward to seeing this done.

Wow, it looks even better in closeup. I should've asked also where did the block, injectors and valve covers come from, is it all from the original kit?  That is exactly the engine I am looking to build. Same injector style, same magneto, etc. I'll try to remember to post pictures when I'm done. Thanks again! 

All engine parts ( except the fuel pump ) from the kit.