Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:25 scale kits with figures ?

This is Preiser for LGB 1/24 Others are 3 inch tall Spice girls

Nice work, and those women look anatomically correct.  My gripe with most 1/24 female figures in resin:  they look like a teen boy's fantasy.  Skinny matchstick legs and they're very...top-heavy, if you get my drift. Scaled up to human size, they'd always be falling on their faces.

Did anyone mention the Italeri Truck Accesories yet?
110110-11132-pristine.jpg

Here is the standig driver with cowboy hat that I modified to look like Santa Claus on holiday a few years ago:
IMG_2154.jpg
The hats are separate parts so I went for the truckers hat and I sanded the legs and arms plus his torso to mimic shorts and west with nothing else.

Edited by Atmobil

Wasn't there a Chevette that had a couple of figures with the road rally setups?  Found it.  Stupid expensive for a couple of figures...

I bought a set of Prieser G Scale female figure "kits" where you get a few sprues of arms, legs, torsos and heads so you can put together your own dream girl.  The good part is all the parts are pretty much designed to go with each other so you are not limited to the figure's pose.  The bad part (or good depending on your personal preference) is that they have no clothes on...  There is also a male version out there too.

Other than that, I have found a few others in toy aisles over the years (like Homies).

I bought a set of Prieser G Scale female figure "kits" where you get a few sprues of arms, legs, torsos and heads so you can put together your own dream girl...

Preiser calls those "Adam" and "Eva" figures.  I guess we can...figure...out why.  I have some in 1/24 and 1/32.  All the same parts, just pantographed up or down for the different scales.  I've seen some amazing things done with those figures, with modelers using epoxy putty to make clothes for them.

Verlinden and Historex/Nemrod did some nude resin figs they called "academy" figures. I guess because art students at Ye Olde Academy used nude people as models.

Verlinden also did a nice 1/24 resin California Highway Patrolman.  Some online vendors still have them. But if you want one you probably better hurry, since Verlinden is out of business. 

One of the latest editions of revell/Monogram's 1966 chaparral 2 D has a pre-painted driver figure with jet helmet an goggles in it, and Hasegawa has a "Racing figure set" with 2 each sitting and standing race drivers (helmet on or off-option) and grid girls with bathing suit and umbrella.

Here's a real oldie:  the TSUTSHO 1/24 driver set, with woman sitting on the car, flagman, and standing/sitting drivers.  I have one of these sets but threw out the box years ago. There's one on eBay right now, Buy It Now with about a week to go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-Scale-Model-Racing-Driver-Figure-Set-by-TSUTSHO-FiscoVintage-/361810219730?hash=item543d91d2d2:g:T~8AAOSwXeJYGl1e

figs-1.jpg

Edited by Mike999
Error

1/20Would go with the Ford VAn from MPC!!

And as a Family Set I too would be interested

(plus I have a few of that Van!!!)

As to 1/32 kits with Figures

I know All of the Revell/AMT 55-56 Annualds had them

And Aurora's 56 Ford Demolition Demon included Race/Demo Derby

Crew

Driver, Mechanic & Flagman

I still have 3 Figures in the one I have left

Missing 1 Wheel/tire, but otherwise complete