Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Chevy Sedan Delivery

1320wayne

Here is a new project from an old project. A number of years ago I started building a 60 Chevy Sedan Delivery using a Revell Lowrider kit mated with a Jimmy Flintstone resin body. I wasn't happy with where the paint was going so I banished the build back to the box and it's been there for about the past 10 years. Well, inspiration has brought me back to it with a new vision on the paint and graphics and I'm really happy with where this is now going. 

The new vision has me using some homemade graphics that I made on my computer with a bit of humor thrown in. The paint is Duplicolor white with the added graphics and cleared with Decoart Triple Thick clear which eliminates yellowing over time and with this much white that is definitely needed. I also finished the exhaust with dumps coming out just in front of the rear tires.

I still have to redo the interior and finish the engine.

Here is what the first paint job looked like years ago.

Picture002-vi.jpg

Now what it looks like.

OZ3czGUQUyZBivzQLTugjwu46y39Jo-vi.jpg

SOSPWZjOjj7QJVAKVX-vi.jpg

JHgGgzepaX21LtXyQ1Fqsxuq3il7YO-vi.jpg

1zATBOSj5z0SJqYzVbuczV_6TFT-vi.jpg

STgHZxM_abNiFHGtt5rRcAPy8RcTs1-vi.jpg

WRv-vi.jpg

Thanks guys.

Pretty much got the interior buttoned up. It's hard to see in the pics. but the off white color for the upholstery is actually texture paint. I didn't go too overboard with interior detail because once the body is in place not much of it will be visible.

zqi88FuD-vi.jpg

XzRjJMDRwwMD4qjW7QZTMjG53E06q4-vi.jpg