Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 1921 Roadster

BIGTRUCK

I bought a J/F resin body and gathered up all the parts to start this project. Since all I had was the body I needed a chassis. The body measured 4 3/8 long 1 3/16 at its widest point and 1 1/16 at its tallest point, so the frame had to be on the smaller side.I will be using the rails and rear end  from a Lindberg 1928 Lincoln Sport Touring 1/32nd kit and cross members from an old Cobra beater. The tires , dash with wind screen, steering wheel and wire wheel inserts are from a Merit Lago-Talbot kit 1/24th, , driver was parts box [maybe Revell] front axle and tie-rod are AMT 34 Ford and seat from IMC Ford "Indy" Lotus all 1/25th, floor is just flat stock cut to fit, roll bar and pipes are parts box.

'

DSC08325

A more simple way to go about this build would be to use all the frame parts from a 27 Ford kit, but why take the easy road..:)

DSC08324

Got the frame tucked inside the body, front axle and rear axle mocked in and tires / wheels spaced out. Interior is just a small dash a, seat and driver. Next get everything in primer and remove the chrome off the front wheels

DSC08335DSC08339

Edited by BIGTRUCK

How do you like working with the resin parts?  I have had some horrific deliveries of some bubble filled and pocked parts.  Not all the time of course!  I much prefer plastic anymor

Its brittle and you have to be cautious when sanding.

Thanks for the comments

Edited by BIGTRUCK

Got paint last week, will have paint on by Sunday, between 12 hour work days and wife wants living room and dining room painted (Happy wife Happy life)Summer was not good for getting much building time in, lots of buying but building not so much.?

Edited by BIGTRUCK

The body painted Tamiya AS23, yellow satin on wheels, flat black on everything else. Once paint was cured I lightly rubbed through the paint with an old polishing sheet of 3600 and started adding various Vallego washes and metalizers. This step takes awhile doing small sections at a time so not to smear finished areas.  Wheels are on loose just for stance , still need to add drums and steering rod. Side exhaust pipe added., thinner roll bar added

DSC08357DSC08360DSC08357