Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post your junkers and beaters here!

If you have a junker or beater you'd like to share with us, this is the place to do it. I have a few, but am only going to share this one for now.

This '67 Cyclone is taking its last ride. It was wrecked way back in the late 70's, hence the smashed lights and bent bumper. After it's owner stripped it and left it for dead, it sat and rotted away. The quarterpanels, rear frame rails and shock towes are rotten, making tis once fine ride junk. Off to the crusher (theres an idea!) it goes, carried by a Caterpillar IT18F.

model020.jpg

model018.jpg

model019.jpg

However, this car did not die in vain. I bought it for parts anyway. I used the engine and tranny in my '67 Mustang, and the rear end and leaf springs in my WIP '53 F100. I had intended on tubbing it and dropping in some sort of big block to make it a racecar after robbing the needed parts, but that never happened. I even went as far as opening the trunk, my first ever!

OK, I'll play. I really need a few better pics of this one, but this is my '64 Impala at a very famous NJ landmark.

DSCN2085-vi.jpg

And my model A truck might be a step beyond 'beater.'

DSCN1216-vi.jpg

And here's a peek at my in-progress '55 Chevy stakebed truck.

bedside-vi.jpg

All three of the above models are slated to live on my friend's G-gauge railroad layout.

I doubt this is the actual intention of the thread, but something like that has never stopped me from showing off my old ###### before, so why start now :lol:

Coming to you Straight from the Hall of Shame (seriously, that's an album on my Fotki...)

This one sat undusted on my shelf for 3 years. When I tried to dust it, it took a fall off my book case, then it sat some more. Then took approximatly 2 more falls before I tried to put it back toghter. By that point parts were missing and it had been too damaged to fix. I have another in the stash that should be started by this time next year (it's too late in the year to say this year, LOL)

1405077-vi.jpg

This one fell apart because I was trying to be "healty" and use that Testors Lemon glue, AKA, non toxic.

Came apart less then a month after completion. Switched back to the "toxic" glue by then!

This one could be saved if I could find all the pieces.

317052256-vi.jpg

This one died when I dropped a Diecast 57 Nomad on top of it. Looking back on it, that was probably a good thing.

317052263-vi.jpg

This was my 8th model, and my first attempt at opening something (the trunk). I wouldn't succeed until my 4th try :)

317052265-vi.jpg

I never was able to finish this Studebaker. The dang thing drove me nutty. So I boxed it up and it's now in my storage unit. It's a shame as I really love Studebakers too. Someday I will buy another and do it right. Hopefully with my current skills I will be able to at least finish it.

317052389-vi.jpg

My second attempt at opening panels. (don't fear, the chassis and interior will go to finish a 69 that I was given as body-only!)

LastPics057-vi.jpg

What's left of my second model. Sorry for the poor picture, it was taken with my cell phone camera.

Picture012-vi.jpg

I don't know what happened here. After this photo was taken I found more parts, though, and I think it MIGHT be saveable!

9105214-vi.jpg

This poor Lindberg Cord was in better shape until I was holding it and a spider crawled out of it. Both went flying and the Cord did not survive the landing. I REALLY hate spiders.

9105176-vi.jpg

This was once a Firebird.

9105203-vi.jpg

My worst two builds of all time. These are so horrible. I knew where they were for more then a year before I photographed them. Both of them were so bad, they "Drove off a Cliff". If a model comes out badly enough, I push it off my workbench repeatedly until parts no longer fly off. The 99 Silverado took 6 times, the 50 pickup 7.

The only good thing I can say about this Silverado is that it was the first thing I ever decaled (nessicary for NASCAR modeling!) although, the decals aren't where they are supposed to be, at least they are on there! (note the tailagate)

2006May29th013-vi.jpg

I have nothing good to say about this truck. Nothing nothing nothing. After failing boxstock, it became a drag racer...sort of.

2006May29th021-vi.jpg

I had absolutly NO talent for building when I started...

You will never see me build a junker on purpose. My family has owned too many in 1:1 for them to be interesting to me, LOL. (my dad would never spend more then $400 for a car)

• 2 years later...
If you have a junker or beater you'd like to share with us, this is the place to do it. I have a few, but am only going to share this one for now.

This '67 Cyclone is taking its last ride. It was wrecked way back in the late 70's, hence the smashed lights and bent bumper. After it's owner stripped it and left it for dead, it sat and rotted away. The quarterpanels, rear frame rails and shock towes are rotten, making tis once fine ride junk. Off to the crusher (theres an idea!) it goes, carried by a Caterpillar IT18F.

model020.jpg

model018.jpg

model019.jpg

However, this car did not die in vain. I bought it for parts anyway. I used the engine and tranny in my '67 Mustang, and the rear end and leaf springs in my WIP '53 F100. I had intended on tubbing it and dropping in some sort of big block to make it a racecar after robbing the needed parts, but that never happened. I even went as far as opening the trunk, my first ever!

Just wondering where you got that forklift.

This is one that was part of a diorama I built many moons ago. Somehow, the car managed to "survive" the moves and countless packings and unpackings. I think this car is a bit beyone "beater" or even "junker" status at this point but it still pretty much looks the same today as it does in these pics. This car took a heck of a last ride, that's for sure...

montecarlo005.jpg

montecarlo004.jpg

montecarlo003.jpg

montecarlo002.jpg

montecarlo001.jpg

I got one that I built for a club Diorama. It's the Dick Tracy 36 Ford made into a farm car and my first attempt at Rust-all. It was supposed to get chicken in a cage in the rumble seat but I ran out of time before we took the pics. I did add a few dents and scrapes along the way though.

Dio08441.jpg

Dio08442.jpg

I'll add some too. The '64 Chevy was built a long time ago, to replicate the swedish car hoodlums, or as they are called in swedish: "raggare" They cruise around and raise hell. In the old days, they were looked upon as some type of rebels. Now it's become sort of a lifestyle for some people, to have a clunker and really rat it out....

IMG_0105.jpg

Note the case of beer on the package shelf..... the figures are Ulrich Mini-Men.

IMG_0107.jpg

Ready for some cruisin'.....

IMG_0106.jpg

Next up is a Kyosho MiniZ Cobra. It got dunked - by mistake, in the brake fluid bath. It got totally screwed up, and sat for a few years until I came up with the idea of making a junker out of it. It got the Rust-All treatment.

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

Edited by Modellpularn