Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford 225 Slant Six Rat Rod

wrecker388

This is my build for this years cannonball run. The theme of course is inline engines. I had a few options to choose from. Model A Flathead four, 50 Chevy 5 window Straight 6, and 2 Chrysler 225 Slant 6. One of the Slants won out of course and i decided it had to be turbo. I originally wanted to do a lackluster 70s Mopar- think Volare or lame Duster- in a style inspired much by the Rotsun from Roadkill. But I didn't have either of the 2 cars, and really didn't need to buy another kit, so I decided to dig in the parts box. My neighbor gave me a 34 Ford body with a bunch of other parts, so i felt compelled to use it. I had other parts leftover from my early days of building (extreme gluebombing. Lol) when I'd had a 34 that i butchered into a rat rod and put on a 50 F1 frame. So i dug those out, along with stealing a turbo off of an old testors Porsche that i glue bombed at around the same time. And thus, Slant Sickness was born. No complete kits have been butchered for this build at all. I have robbed some kits of being built with box stock custom options however, but i didn't plan to use these parts on those cars anyway. I'll shut up  and post up some pics. Any comments, suggestions, or ideas are welcomed! 

0203182140c~2.jpg

0204181626~2.jpg

0204181623~2.jpg

0204181622~2.jpg

Edited by wrecker388

Thanks guys! Kinda my thoughts too Rick. I originally wanted to do a 70s car but i thought this fit the bill alright. Any windy turns at speed could be interesting too with the old school straight axle. I'd originally planned to use Mustang II IFS from a Monogram 37 Ford Sedan, but it was pretty fiddly and nothing wanted to fit together after paint. So i scrapped that idea and started over.

Edited by wrecker388