Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jet Powered Train / Dragster : On The Workbench 2/8/18

John Teresi

Hello......this is on my workbench..........it`s a Jet Train.......these are pictures of what I kinda want to build.........but, with my own twist on it........I am starting with a AMT The General Steam Locomotive........and  parts from my parts box.......thanks for looking

jet-powered-car-1_zpsdvrbc9pd.jpg

12038014_1022555744443156_70402574814373

DSCF0545_zpsqpgwwroq.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thanks guys for the interest in this build and for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).........I started with a quick mock-up for a focal point before the storm......after cutting a few parts and modifying the Cow Catcher and Cab.......I think I got the basic look and stance that I want.......I will make the skins today.......thanks for looking

DSCF0549_zpsvhswmeta.jpg

DSCF0554_zpsm6tgglqv.jpg

DSCF0556_zpsix4je8t5.jpg

DSCF0555_zpsslnxftyx.jpg

DSCF0550_zpsboaywrye.jpg

3 hours ago, 6bblbird said:

Just heard the other day that K.C. Jones lost both of those cars to a trailer fire and will most likely retire. He always put on a great show.:(

WF

Actually it was worse than just a trailer fire. It was a shop fire and lost race cars, trailer, toter home and equipment inside shop. It happened last October. And you are correct he is not rebuilding the dragsters. He does have a wheelstander that he says he is going to run on a limited schedule.

John the mock up looks awesome, can't wait to see the next installment of your build

KC Jones Fire.jpg

10 hours ago, tbusch said:

Actually it was worse than just a trailer fire. It was a shop fire and lost race cars, trailer, toter home and equipment inside shop. It happened last October. And you are correct he is not rebuilding the dragsters. He does have a wheelstander that he says he is going to run on a limited schedule.

John the mock up looks awesome, can't wait to see the next installment of your build

KC Jones Fire.jpg

That`s a shame........so saddened by this news

11 hours ago, Jimmy Wilson said:

John, another great one on the bench. I'm sure you have a jet engine in mind, but just in case I've got a couple of these laying around I could send you. Let me know. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

amt_anakin_podracer_Box.jpg

cU7hWLQ.jpg

podracer1.jpg

Hi Jimmy.......that`s exactly what I am using for this build........My friend Bob Romero gave me a a couple of engines last year......thanks for the offer.......BTW how much would you want for a kit?.......I`m planing on another Jet Engine Project in the future........thanks

Hello.......thanks guys so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I modified the Train part of the body........and made the tins for the front of the body.......I still need to modify the side windows for the cab......thanks for looking

DSCF0572_zpshwgm8duw.jpg

DSCF0570_zpsczf54rnf.jpg

DSCF0569_zpseuulcnbq.jpg

DSCF0567_zpsi5mlpf7c.jpg

DSCF0565_zpsb81re5dl.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello........hey Chris,thanks for checking in:)........I added a few panels to front 1/2 ........I also modified a light and stack for the train........I used a Anakin PodRacer to power the Jet Train that my buddy Bob Romero: AKA "Back Seat Bob" gave me.......thanks Bob!!!! .......I had to modify it to fit and made a cradle for it......I will start on the rear and front suspention next.......thanks for looking

DSCF0587_zpsvcanwnql.jpg

DSCF0586_zpss9v78x9f.jpg

DSCF0585_zpsvlbun8sj.jpg

DSCF0584_zpscverbnzi.jpg

DSCF0590_zps5w5jui6m.jpg