Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jet Powered Train / Dragster : On The Workbench 2/8/18

John Teresi

Another classic, John.....saw the Chattanooga Choo Choo race here before the fire....really cool and really sad.  I haven't done my General model yet, but want to do it like the ravaged picture shown.....members of the Andrews Raiders are buried here surrounding a monument of the train at the National Cemetary....fascinating slice of history....great work as always on your bench.

kennesawloco4.jpg

monument_01.jpg

Hello........Thanks guys so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them:).......I got it up on wheels.......I modified the front end.......and  made a rear end set up........I also re-worked the rear windows on the cab and made some parachute tubes.......thanks for looking

DSCF0594_zpsesleuj6a.jpg

DSCF0595_zps19zevmjx.jpg

DSCF0596_zpswas1ndpa.jpg

DSCF0598_zpsuqwegbxu.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello..........thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do apprecieate them:)........ I got the chassis painted and lightly weathred......I painted the rear wheels Alclad ........The front wheels are from a very good friend of mine, you know who you are:) thank you!!!!!.......the front tires, rotors and calipers  are resin and made by Master Builder Paul Rowe.......I painted the calipers Tamiya Titanium and lightly weathered ........I made the rear fuel tanks and added Archer Weld decals and painted them Alclad and lightly weathered ........I did the same thing to a Revell fuel tank.......I added a electrical set up behind the Bulk Head.......I also used "Pro Tech" rubber fuel line, nut and bolt ends and linkage brackets.......thanks for looking

DSCF0636_zpsc3kwnqmx.jpg

DSCF0624_zpstcknmazj.jpg

DSCF0623_zpsjx979m1h.jpg

DSCF0620_zps3qjcwd3n.jpg

DSCF0637_zps4c0hvkj1.jpg

Edited by John Teresi