Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Ford Altered

You didn't start anything! Others did.

Those headers are much better I THINK! I'll follow this build, as I said, I love cars like this. Back "in the day" altereds were always an interesting and fun classes to watch. Everything from lightweight fuel burners, to gas burning sixes, lots of body styles too.

Keep building! I LOVE THIS!

9 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Wow I missed a lot well I was gone.

Let me try to clear things up. I don’t mind the l suggestions, comments and stuff like that but it is MY model and I’m not trying to get it exactly how the 1:1 would be as I’m just trying to get out of a slump with a “fun build”.  I didn’t mean to start a big thing over tires and rims I am only trying to share my biuld with everyone and so I can document it along the way.

I did get a little bit of work done on it. I to biuld a different set of headers as the other ones didn’t fit  the way I wanted.

image.jpg

MUCH better sit in this pic (IMHO of course), with the front end not as high.

How about the headers in the AMT '55 Nomad? They'd run inside the frame and then dump out to the side. That might work for you. Or not. B)

5 hours ago, Reegs said:

Was the driver the old Revell slot car "Smiley"?

The driver was from the revell slingster dragster. I am using a lot of parts from this kit like front tires, engine, driver, seat and much more.

23A28D0C-0748-4E74-A6AA-34EC5F934338.png

Edited by 426 pack

On 3/14/2018 at 5:32 AM, Snake45 said:

MUCH better sit in this pic (IMHO of course), with the front end not as high.

How about the headers in the AMT '55 Nomad? They'd run inside the frame and then dump out to the side. That might work for you. Or not. B)

Stop it! Stop giving out ideas or the NHRA Police is going to come for you! 

Image result for sheriff cartoon gif

And to 426 Pack,

I like how it is coming along! Have you picked a color yet? 

13 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

And to 426 Pack,

I like how it is coming along! Have you picked a color yet? 

No I have not picked a colour yet. 

8 hours ago, 10thumbs said:

426 pack, love it!  What a great model.

QUESTION:  Could you please tell about the source for your front wheel choice, they look great.

Michael

The front wheels and tires came from the monogram slingster dragster.

7ED949F3-671C-49B4-BD59-779EC064810B.png

Edited by 426 pack

33 minutes ago, 10thumbs said:

I mean the 12 spoked wheels,  they look exceptional.

The Slingster kit comes with both wire wheels and 12-spoke spindle-mounts. The slicks in the kit are fairly tiny though, which is why Cale is using those big ol' M&H parts pack slicks, much better suited to the 1/24 body.

Up to this point, I hadn't noticed that the box art fails to depict the spindle-mounts. Huh!

Edited by Spex84

The photo of the Magic Muffler Fiat launching it's bottom end is an all time classic shot!  I was pitted just across from the car at the California Hot Rod Reunion a few years ago, and it is truly a cool hot rod...the re-creation that those guys did is just perfection. Rock-on with your choice in front hoops.....I dig both the wires and the 12 spokers.