Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford Roadster Pickup Hot Rod

OldTrucker

3 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Cool but I am curious about the body. The rounded back corners are definitely not from a 29 and the grill makes me think it is a 34 Cab pickup with the top cut off ??

You are correct sir! The bed and chassis are from the 29 and the body and grill IS from the Lindberg 34 kit. The seat is 53 Studebaker and the engine I'm not sure of. All was in the parts box for a long time!LOL

1 hour ago, OldTrucker said:

You are correct sir! The bed and chassis are from the 29 and the body and grill IS from the Lindberg 34 kit. The seat is 53 Studebaker and the engine I'm not sure of. All was in the parts box for a long time!LOL

For the engine I'm going to go with AMT 53 Ford Pickup. I caught the body thing right away but I wasn't going to say anything.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:24 PM, Dave Darby said:

For the engine I'm going to go with AMT 53 Ford Pickup. I caught the body thing right away but I wasn't going to say anything.

I remember that the chassis and some of the parts came from the 29 but forgot that the body was from the Lindy 34 that had the roof crushed when a shelf fell on it.

You are right! I remember that when I redid my 53 Pickup I changed the engine and tossed that one in the parts box!