Model Cars Magazine Forum

Personally, this is a subjective thing for anyone.  I know people like dumping glorified dust into interiors.   I discovered Zero Designs: Black Self Adhesive Flocking Sheet, worked great for me.  I had used up my Detail Master paper felt, that you had to paint, and then glue in with Tacky glue; it is not available now.

Dennis - If it is a sheet of material, you may find it difficult to apply to some of the strange curves found in many model interiors. The size is going to be a personal preference and also based on what scale model you are building. Most of the felt material I have seen just looks too large for my taste on a 1/25 scale model car. I use embossing powder from the big box hobby stores. They tend to have fewer color options, but look more in scale, at least to my aging eyes. If you do decide to try it, please lrt us know how it is to work with. Always nice to have other options to choose from.

4 hours ago, Xingu said:

Dennis - If it is a sheet of material, you may find it difficult to apply to some of the strange curves found in many model interiors. The size is going to be a personal preference and also based on what scale model you are building. Most of the felt material I have seen just looks too large for my taste on a 1/25 scale model car. I use embossing powder from the big box hobby stores. They tend to have fewer color options, but look more in scale, at least to my aging eyes. If you do decide to try it, please lrt us know how it is to work with. Always nice to have other options to choose from.

As far as I'm concerned, embossing powder is the ONLY solution.

It looks much more realistic & is exceedingly easier to apply than anything that comes in a sheet.

As far as color options go, if you do a couple of quick online searches, you can find almost any color that you can imagine.

I love these metallic embossing powders.

They may not always fit the bill, but they give you that great "salt & pepper" look found in a lot of vintage cars.

Steve

2v2uTyHFgxwUbWP.jpg2v29F6cMyxwUbWP.jpg2v2UmJhSdxwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller