Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Chevrolet Sport Sedan

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Maybe the Monogram '64 GTO roof?  An intermediate roof in 1/24 scale might work as a 1/25 scale full-size car roof...

That would be my best bet. Roof crowns are about the same shape, and you'd reshape the C pillars somewhat. BTW, that was a very nice car back in its day.

My Uncle had one (actually a '66) and it's one of the first new cars I can remember any family member buying when I was just a kid. He had a '56 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hardtop which he kept for a bit as a second car (my Aunt mainly drove that one), but he was a diehard Chevy guy for years.

Thanks.

Looking at pictures,the vinyl top versjon,the B pillars appear to have more edge shapes over the non-vinyl top,but i dont see

they use diffrent pillars. If this design is the same 65-68 i consider maby use one of those 67 Impala 4 doors floating around

as donor.

Bill: I could see why they where diehard fans,the 60s Chevrolet (GM in general) poured out some magnificent designs.

Tommy, this is just me but the '67-'68 roofline is a bit different than what you want........

pa0714-188173_2@2x.jpg?1405443566000
80f750e44d76ae731447451b8d32742a.jpg

Edit: I don' t know what happened there, but this posted before I wanted it to. :huh:

Anyway, you can see that the '67-'68 roof is a bit more "rounded" than the previous years, with a faster angle to the C pillars. Remember back in those days, GM was on two year styling cycles so '67 would have been the year for some major body changes. Some things were carryover such as the windshield perhaps, and of course engines and chassis.

Edited by MrObsessive

Yeah you are right. I was looking at the 4 door post body,the pillars are quite diffrent on the 4 door hardtop.

Not the best picture or angle,as already mentioned maby the 64 GTO could work for donating some shapes.

25f0f69b815032ab82af8f3ca009b04f.jpg

Tommy, that is one project I have always wanted to do. As you recall, I did my own 66 Caprice 2 door Hardtop from a 66 Impala SS kit, 2010_07101966capricefinished0013.jpg

as I never liked the way that the Modelhaus 66 Caprice looked. As a matter of fact, I worked with Bob Kornow (Model car Garage) when he was developing the 65 Impala SS Photoetch set. I suggested that he include the scripts for the Biscayne,

2007_0317MEETING31720070006.jpgwhich I drew for him, Bel Air, Impala

2008_02162008mamafebmeeting0050.jpg

and Caprice so that all could be done. When I did the 66 Caprice roof,

2010_05271966CapriceHardtop0018.jpg

I kept the front half of the original hardtop roof, as the one to one would be using the same windshield and pillars. I would approach a 4 door hardtop basically the same way. It took quite a bit of plastic sheet putty, filing and shaping. The convertible's trunk lid and tulip panel is a better fit for the sport sedan's items, but face it, while it is a doable project, I will take a lot of work to achieve a good replica. I think the hardest part of the project, would be replicating the interior. I would love to do one, but It would be several years from now. I would do mine in Silver Blue, with the black vinyl roof and blue interior. Just like the one in the picture Bill showed.

• 5 years later...