Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Three engines by FTB

landman

16 minutes ago, landman said:

DSC_0239.jpg

Your engines look great. I can't say I've ever seen a scale slant 6 look quite as good as that one in your picture.

One slightly off-topic question, the two machines to the left of the doorway in this picture what are they and where did you get them? The backgrounds in your pictures are almost as good as the engines themselves.

2 minutes ago, Toner283 said:

Your engines look great. I can't say I've ever seen a scale slant 6 look quite as good as that one in your picture.

One slightly off-topic question, the two machines to the left of the doorway in this picture what are they and where did you get them? The backgrounds in your pictures are almost as good as the engines themselves.

The one closest to the door is a rod honing machine and the one on the stand is a rod cap grinder. I made them.

1 minute ago, landman said:

The one closest to the door is a rod honing machine and the one on the stand is a rod cap grinder. I made them.

If you're going to scratch built scale equipment that looks that good, I think you should probably start another thread just for the equipment you've built to post close-up pictures of those as well. Those look really good and maybe I'm the only tool and equipment nut around here but I'd like to see close-ups of the machines too. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toner283 said:

If you're going to scratch built scale equipment that looks that good, I think you should probably start another thread just for the equipment you've built to post close-up pictures of those as well. Those look really good and maybe I'm the only tool and equipment nut around here but I'd like to see close-ups of the machines too. ?

Then you must visit this thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/97646-background-diorama-flatheads-to-boxers-engine-rebuilders/

41 minutes ago, heyjohnxx said:

I, for one, would like to see more pictures of the forklift. I have been accused of having a forklift fetish because of my 20 or so 1/25 lift trucks.

Man, I operated a bunch of different forklifts, over the years. Always had a soft spot for Hyster 80s!