Model Cars Magazine Forum

Racing, Hot Rod, truck and aircraft engines by FTB

landman

I love looking at V8s especially Small Block Chevies, design masterpiece that engine. Some real beauts here. I have a very fond spot for 14 litre Cummins because I used to work on a lot of them in former times. Fantastic motor a Cummins. Look up about when Clessie Cummins' backer was going to pull his money out of the firm because he didn't think there was any future in diesel engines. Clessie picked him up in the man's Packard Limousine to discuss the situation and see if he could change his mind... I'll let you find the end of the story.    

Edited by Rockford

10 minutes ago, Rockford said:

I love looking at V8s especially Small Block Chevies, design masterpiece that engine. Some real beauts here. I have a very fond spot for 14 litre Cummins because I used to work on a lot of them in former times. Fantastic motor a Cummins. Look up about when Clessie Cummins' backer was going to pull his money out of the firm because he didn't think there was any future in diesel engines. Clessie picked him up in the man's Packard Limousine to discuss the situation and see if he could change his mind... I'll let you find the end of the story.    

Glad you enjoyed them.

Edited by landman

7 minutes ago, landman said:

Glad you enjoyed them.

Landman, I forgot to say how good those engines are! My apologies, I was just so blown away by some many great motors. Seems a shame sometimes to hide a great motor under a hood or a cab! Well done sir!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a racing, hot rod, truck or aircraft engine but a tank engine. The Maybach HL-230 used in German tanks. At least it was sold to me as such. Couldn't find one exactly like it on the web but it has most attributes of the real thing. A one part resin item.

HL230 (1).JPG

HL230 (6).JPG

HL230 (8).JPG

HL230 (3).JPG

• Like 1

Another beautiful and well built mill my friend!

I see the 427 is 3D printed by Shapeways, I was wondering what you think about the fit and finish of the printed parts?

I don't know if I asked you the question before but are all these engines of the same scale (1/24 or 1/25)?   I am not an expert on military models but I know that there are many scales available in this area.

32 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Another beautiful and well built mill my friend!

I see the 427 is 3D printed by Shapeways, I was wondering what you think about the fit and finish of the printed parts?

I don't know if I asked you the question before but are all these engines of the same scale (1/24 or 1/25)?   I am not an expert on military models but I know that there are many scales available in this area.

Only the induction system is from Shapeways. I used a junk engine with it. all my engines are either 1/24 or 1/25. A lot of my stuff comes from this fellow:rolsen01 on Shapeways

Edited by landman

• 1 year later...

Homex Turbine... Profile 24 in France just did a really nice cast resin in 1/24 scale (duh)  Perhaps they would sell just the engine parts.  Love this thread, thanks Pat!

Then as I scrolled down I see you found one...

Edited by Big John
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...