Model Cars Magazine Forum

single action/gravity fed

Good Afternoon to All:

I have some physical issues with my 'trigger finger' and find that using a double action airbrush is quite painful. I have read almost all of the airbrush posts, however, can not seem to come to a conclusion about finding a good single action, gravity fed airbrush. I noted that the Paasche "talon" was described as having the ability to act as though it is a single action. I would really appreciate any information and/or suggestions about finding a quality airbrush to fit my needs.

Thank you in advance

Mike Madsen

Take a look at this https://www.midwestairbrush.com/iwrem2grfeai.html                  Also The Talon and other airbrushes that have a needle stop can be used like a single action. You should look at the trigger types, they are more comfortable to use.

Neo for Iwata TRN1 and 2   Hobby lobby has the TRN1 at $129. The TRN2 has a bigger tip and is probably better for bodies as is the Creos Ps-290 it has an optional fan tip included,spraygunner.com has it for $110 free shipping

index.jpg

index.jpg

yhst-172526971-2_2546_358007402.jpg

Edited by 935k3

8 minutes ago, 935k3 said:

Take a look at this https://www.midwestairbrush.com/iwrem2grfeai.html                  Also The Talon and other airbrushes that have a needle stop can be used like a single action. You should look at the trigger types, they are more comfortable to use.

Neo for Iwata TRN1 and 2

index.jpg

This is what I use. 

I generally really dislike dual action airbrushes as well.

Not because of any physical issues, but because for model building purposes, I really don't see the need for it.

I like to just pull or press the trigger & go!

I use an old siphon feed Badger 200 for most smaller stuff, and the "Creos" trigger brush pictured above for bodies.

It is a dual action, but I paint like I drive.

Pedal to the metal!! :D

Steve

Visited Midwest Airbrush site: HP-M2 out of stock.  Did the 'chat' and rep said that they were not available any longer.  Not sure if he meant Midwest or Iwata. Went to the Iwata home page and found no matches in the search for a M2.

Anyone know current info on availability and where they might still be found?

Thanks, Mike

Don, great review.  I do not have any time with this 'gun' yet just a couple of days.  I am very pleased with it's performance and find the size and trigger exceptionally comfortable.

Not trying to convince anyone, however, I am happy with my purchase.  I will use your review for maintenance definitely.

Mike