Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saltlickin' Stude

curt raitz

Haven't been on the forum much lately...other than browsing

between a new job and building models...not much time left to play on da'puter!

Here's an AMT 53 Studebaker with "Flintstone" resin body and a "Parts Pack" Chevy small block w/Potvin blower hanging out front.

Saltlicker2-vi.jpg

Saltlicker1-vi.jpg

Saltlicker3-vi.jpg

Saltlicker4-vi.jpg

Paint is HoC Tangelo Orange, homemade decals...both covered with MM Ultra Gloss Clearcoat

16" Aluminum wheel discs are from "Parts by Parks"

thanks for lookin' B)

• 7 months later...

Very nice!!! Was looking at this body today and thinking about dropping a few bucks on it.

One question regarding the cooling lines. I am working on a '34 Ford LSR and am planning to put this motor into the car but was stumped on the colling lines. I see you have upper and lower radiator hoses in the traditional place but to my knowledge, there is no water pump. Where did you get the info on hooking the coolant hoses?

I was figuring on two upper hoses connected to fittings on the intake where the water boss on the heads are and two lower hoses connected to the water pump bosses on the block, then running an electric pump in line to the radiator. I asked about this in a post a while back and got crickets...

Beauty, by the way... I can just see it gleaming in the sun with all that white spray on the sides and rear quarters...

Clay, it's a Stude,ALL Studes look familiar to you! But yeah, din't someone ELSE have an orange Stude salt racer? :D;);)

I was actually meaning that its sitting above my computer ontop of the case that the salt lickin avanti is in :lol: