Model Cars Magazine Forum

Donnie Firkins 1970`s "Coca Cola" Trike: On the Work Bench 12/3/18

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments ......I really do appreciate them:)......I Got the final clear coat on the body......I painted and attached the interior......got the engine and trans. attached ......the  rear axle and tires are on .......the front end is attached and I added the 21 inch laced wheel made by Curt Raitz......Curt makes wire wheels in different sizes you can buy them from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16th-TruWires-110-Wire-Wheels-for-1-16th-scale-Front-Engine-Dragsters/323701887877?hash=item4b5e22d385:g:AEAAAOSwI01cWcY-:rk:1:pf:0......thank you for the wheel Curt.....

I'm just about finished with this build just a few more parts to attach.......thanks for looking

DSCF0425_zpsuxjqidkz.jpg

DSCF0424_zpsfdyhj9ii.jpg

DSCF0432_zpspbjbvtic.jpg

DSCF0431_zpsrpl4fj3g.jpg

DSCF0430_zpsr5tztfhr.jpg

DSCF0429_zps0kqvzgrp.jpg

HUH?   That's my response John on how in the heck you do it.  I hope to see this one someday too.  Gorgeous model.  Thanks Chris too for pointing out the fuel line.  Like all your builds John,  you can just soak it all in and still miss something cool.  Always fun to revisit your threads.   Cheers !!! 

Hello......Chris,Tim.....thank you so very much for the kind comments ......I really do a appreciate them:).......I added the Ogga Horn and mirror ...... and the spark plug wires ,throttle cable and front seat......and got all the electrical headlight ,tail light and dome light working......I used Evans Designs for all the electrical work......and used "Pro Tech" spark plug wires, rubber fuel line and nut and bolt ends.......I also used RB Motion spark plug boots.......this build id done.......I will post some "Outside" pics soon.....thank you all so much for all the kind comments and following along with this build.....

DSCF0435_zpsyzmvsytw.jpg

DSCF0442_zpsfggdj39d.jpg

DSCF0441_zpsmwtcdmun.jpg

DSCF0439_zpsczpysehp.jpg

DSCF0437_zpsbgphwcgt.jpg

O M G !!  John - that is truly outstanding at every point in this build. With the Alclad, fabrication, wild paint, wire spokes, functioning lights and everything else, you continue to outdo yourself, if that's even possible.

Edited by gasser59

• 2 weeks later...