Model Cars Magazine Forum

death race car build off (official WIP page)

diymirage

Thanks fer the pix Jarhead--cool lookin beast. We gots lots of super

talented modelers on this forum: guys what make roll up windows, working

door and hood latches, keys in ingitions, etc..........but now

000_1428.jpg

you even got working AC???!!!!!!! :P:lol::lol::blink::P

What warthog didja get them things from? surely not the A10? they looks cool, an just a thought, ifn youd put some airbags on yer front, you could sneak up on Evil, drop yer front, slide under his DonkyDeathscalator and givem a hot seat wit them things :P:lol::P:lol:

they are not actually from a warthog, i found them in the partsbox

they were a set from a dragster, you know the kind that have them come of the side ?

like on jungle jims funny car

HPIM0237.jpg

i just modded them to make them fit

but once they were in i noticed how much they looked like a warthog :D

specially with the hood in place (hoodscoop kinda looks like nostrils right ?

HPIM0235.jpg

HPIM0236.jpg

HPIM0234.jpg

HPIM0233.jpg

COOL Gatling! I want to have at least 4 barrells on mine... maybe more.

i guess mine will have 5...maybe more B)

Edited by diymirage

and sorry Diymirage i kinda took ur idea with the lifting but i took mine over the edge

its cool, its pretty much inevitable that we all do some things the same, makes it intresting to see how we all put our own spin on things

your looks like its halfway in a liftoff

its not a wheelstander deathracer is it ?

Updated pic. Sort of fleshing out the external roll cage. Weapons are still a ways off right now. I'm planning two horizontal side bars, and extra armor will be mounted there. Two roll bars will go over the rear potion of the roof and weapons will be mounted on those. I'l planning a .50 cal and a quad RPG rig. Oil, smoke and grenade deployment from the rear. Paint will be metallic gold with metallic red graphics. If you can't quite understand what I'm shooting for, think of Ric Flair (wrestler- Google it) as a deathracer, and you might get the idea. The car will be damaged here and there and look a bit road weary, but it's nothing more gold paint won't fix.

100_0853.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

Updated pic. Sort of fleshing out the external roll cage. Weapons are still a ways off right now. I'm planning two horizontal side bars, and extra armor will be mounted there. Two roll bars will go over the rear potion of the roof and weapons will be mounted on those. I'l planning a .50 cal and a quad RPG rig. Oil, smoke and grenade deployment from the rear. Paint will be metallic gold with metallic red graphics. If you can't quite understand what I'm shooting for, think of Ric Flair (wrestler- Google it) as a deathracer, and you might get the idea. The car will be damaged here and there and look a bit road weary, but it's nothing more gold paint won't fix.

100_0853.jpg

Wow, that's a LARGE exo-cage. Are your going to add damage to the cage? The car looks cool!

I'm planning an exo-cage as well and I'm planning to put some bends and twists in the cage to show where I rammed other cars... :rolleyes:

dang now im really thinking of doing tracks now

but im sure that if i launch rockets at them axles that they will fail and he will be a sitting duck

Ya gotta get him in angle before he gets you first! that thing looks like it'll have 10 tons of weapons on it!!!

its cool, its pretty much inevitable that we all do some things the same, makes it intresting to see how we all put our own spin on things

your looks like its halfway in a liftoff

its not a wheelstander deathracer is it ?

idk lol look at the motor in it .. thats y i had to lift it so freaking high because the headers wouldnt fit in the car lol its a dragster motor .

idk lol look at the motor in it .. thats y i had to lift it so freaking high because the headers wouldnt fit in the car lol its a dragster motor .

oh yeah, you also stole my headers idea :o

mine has dragster headers aswell but it only runs a 440 magnum

yo my paycheck sucked big time

but i noticed that i had an escalade in my stash

i have to strip it down and all that stuff but i was wondering if i could use it?

absolutely

that would make 2 escalades in here :rolleyes:

but yeah, you can use anything that is not military, regardless of it has been build or not

yo my paycheck sucked big time

but i noticed that i had an escalade in my stash

i have to strip it down and all that stuff but i was wondering if i could use it?

I think thats the coolist part bout this, is startin with an almost 'stock' car and then thrashin on it--when the drivers seat, steery, etc are already in place ya gots to work around em, an I'm thinkin that's how it were in the idea of the movie. Just think bout doin Kasteer's warwagon in 1;1. sledgehammr out the windshield an slide a 15' long cannon barrel in---would dat be cool or what?

100_0853.jpg

Lookin good Rob. I haint seen Ric FLair for ages. Caint rememeber, but dont think he did leather on his head, did he? just a thought coz them window coverings might look cool in leather ;)

Lookin good Rob. I haint seen Ric FLair for ages. Caint rememeber, but dont think he did leather on his head, did he? just a thought coz them window coverings might look cool in leather ;)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

thats the oficial rick flair sound right ?

Heres my bullet holes, funny how them thangs can slip under the cages and get your driver. tried to add alittle blood/rust coming from the holes!! dont know if i pulled the look off or not.

but i love building these junkers!!!!!! thanks to Jantrix for telling me about this build off!!!!!

000_1431.jpg

000_1430.jpg

I'm a liitle late to that game, but I'd like to trow my hat into the death ring. I got a few kits for free a while back, some started, some opened and two still sealed. I'm building all of them as street cars, except for this one. Out of all of the kits, this one was the worst, not only the kit itself, but it was also missing pieces, so it'll be a curbside. It' the '70 Chevelle SS454 from AMT. This threat also inspred me to get up and build something as I've been in a bit of a slump. So here are te beginnings of ChevHELLe. All the pars so far were build with scraps of styrene and sprue.

Battering ram and bracing

model212.jpg

model214.jpg

Rear armor, or what the movie calls the "Tombstone"

model213.jpg

An overall shot showing the window armor.

model211.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm doing for weapons yet, and I still have to plate the doors. Im going to go with a semi clean appearace, depicting a "new" death racer fresh from the prison garage.